superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinite Crisis #7 Why?!  (Read 40248 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 02:09:31 AM »

Aside from the carnage and the cost, this seems like a really small story in the long run...
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 06:30:50 PM »

Cross-over event that leads into a cross-over event that leads into a cross-over event that leads into a cross-over event.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, all of DC's standard titles are now $2.99.

Well, it looks like these two sites ares going to see an increase in hits:

http://www.fauxdc.com/

http://www.geocities.com/the5earths/home.htm

The spoilers sound authentic, since it seems Didio has a hatred for happy endings and happy stories in general.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 07:33:37 PM »

the villains are attacking Metropolis because if they can take out Superman’s city then they can take over the world.

Aside from the fact that it's the best-known of DC's fictional cities, what makes Metropolis the lynchpin on which the whole DCU hinges?  And if this reasoning is correct -- that seizing Metropolis means conquering the Earth -- why don't all villains attack Metropolis to the exclusion of all other cities, all the time?

BP grabs Wonder Girl whom is then saved by Bart – an older Bart- in Barry’s old Flash costume saying that it was the only costume that could survive the trip.

Oh, brother.  :roll: Except for being routinely shrunk small enough to fit into a ring (something I gather he could've done to any fabric), what's so special about Barry's costume?  Lucky for Bart it wasn't Phantom Lady's costume that had these magical properties.

Cut back to Earth and you see Batman knock Alex down and grab a gun. Just as he is about to shoot him Wonder Woman shows up and tells Bruce that it’s not worth it so he tosses the gun aside.

Umm...yeah, Batman's gonna break his anti-gun code on an also-ran, nobody villain like Alex Luthor.  If Batman wanted someone dead, he could kill him a million ways without using a gun.

SBP then carves the Superman symbol into him chest saying “I’ve been in worse places than this. And I’ve gotten out.”

And where would that be?  SBP has so far lived on Earth-Prime, where everything was honky-dorey, and in "Paradise."

Anyway, who says this isn't a happy ending?  For a brief moment there, it looked like this series would usher in a new era at DC and I'd be spending a lot of money on comics.  At least my wallet gets a happy ending.

This looks like a job for...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 12:08:50 AM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
Cross-over event that leads into a cross-over event that leads into a cross-over event that leads into a cross-over event.

Oh yes, I almost forgot, all of DC's standard titles are now $2.99.

Well, it looks like these two sites ares going to see an increase in hits:

http://www.fauxdc.com/

http://www.geocities.com/the5earths/home.htm

The spoilers sound authentic, since it seems Didio has a hatred for happy endings and happy stories in general.

Hmm... I've never seen those before. I might actually start writing comics for FauxDC...

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 12:43:19 PM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"

Hmm... I've never seen those before. I might actually start writing comics for FauxDC...

Faux DC is post-Zero Hour Earth

They did clear Hal Jordan with a crazed clone of Hal being controlled by Sinestro.  Sinestro also created evil clones of the Guardians of the Universe.  Kyle has been kept as Green Lantern is a liason to the JLA.  

Supergirl is the PAD Supergirl.  I can't recall what the team that uses the Giffen league is called, but Ted Kord the Blue Beetle was elected leader.

Crisis of Destiny was their sequel to the Crisis on Infinite Earths.   Compare 'Crisis of Destiny' to 'Infinite Crisis'.

Five Earths is based on the premise 'What if at the end of COIE, the five Earths seperated back out again?"

Superboy Prime is on Earth-2 and is being raised as Kal-L and Lois Kent's son.  He's also a member of the Young JSA.

Louise L  has taken over Supergirl's role in the 20th century.

I have no idea which would be better for you to write for or read, but there you go.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 01:15:54 PM »

I plotted 12 stories last night and insisted that they be pre-Crisis stories and I get artistic freedom. We'll see how that plays out  Cheesy

Here are some sample titles:

"Robin, the Bizarro Wonder!"

"Death to Batman, with War Bonds and Stamps!"

"The Last Days of the Legion of Super-Pets!"

Somehow, I think my proposal might get rejected  Tongue

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 03:29:18 PM »

Send that to Five Earths and maybe the sideline Earth-12 the Farce Continues will pick it up.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 08:11:27 PM »

CRISIS COUNSELING: FINAL EDITION
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/InfiniteCrisis/counseling7.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L