superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinite Crisis #7 Why?!  (Read 39665 times)
celacanto
Superman's Pal

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »

friend of mine has told me that the DC has the intention to bring it back from the dead, Barry Allen Shocked and making him The Flash again,it is true?

:shock:  :shock:  :shock: i hope not. well i red all the IC and no clues point to that.

Also i began to read DC comics with the crisis, and the original crisis are very special to me, but i get dissapointed with the end of IC, for my the series begin to lose interest in the number 5 and never rises again. maybe if they done the series with 12 numbers. :lol:

ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2006, 07:24:10 PM »

I think I finally figured why DC/Dan Didio did that to Kal-L.  It has something to do with a certain cartoon.  The Fleischer Superman cartoon.

What is so special about this group of cartoons that makes DC lose their cool and want to take it out symbolically on a version of Kal-L?  Easy.  The cartoon has fallen into the public domain.  Anyone with a copy of the cartoon can record it or transfer it other media or sell it or even put it up on the net and DC just has to grit their teeth and take it.

Take a look at what DC did to Captain Marvel.  'Petty' doesn't even begin to describe the DC editorial staff.  The Superboy battering has to do with the lawsuit.  DC is trying to wreck the toys, so no one else can play with them.
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2006, 05:48:33 AM »

After all that, it's still just grim n' gritty business as usual.

Whatever DC. Whatever.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2006, 09:50:23 PM »

Thus ends the dream of the Multiverse/Earth 2 returning.  What a waste of time this entire series was.  It killed a number of minor characters, eliminated Wally West and Conner Kent/Superboy.  Other than that, not much really happened or helped.

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2006, 10:47:48 PM »

Quote from: "DoctorZero"
Thus ends the dream of the Multiverse/Earth 2 returning.

They teased us with it for Zero Hour; they teased us with it for Kingdom; and they teased us with it for Infinite Crisis.  They'll probably try to tease us again for the next big X-over, but I'm not buying it.  I'm tired of seeing everything destroyed ad-infinitum.  IC pretty much destroyed whatever faith I had left in DC and soured my taste for comics in general.  If this is what it all comes to, then there was no point to the last 70 years.  It seems that the folks at DC can do a pretty good job of destruction and of tearing everything down, but I don't see any creation or originality or respect for the readers or even respect for their own characters.

What a waste of time this entire series was.

Agreed, you can pretty much ignore it.  It had no effect on any of the books.  Pointless, ultra-violent, anti-life, and a complete destruction of DC's own history, values, characters, and creators.

I know that DC took the name Infinite Crisis from Grant Morrison's Infinite Crisis idea of a few years back, which was supposed to continue from his JLA and One Million story.  I'd love to find out what his original proposal was.   Most likely all that survived was the name.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2006, 01:33:05 AM »

Well let's take a look at this, We have the Crisis ended, w're minus superboy and a flash,  that is familer tune isn't it? I wonder will anyone remember Kal-L and Lois this time around?

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2006, 01:34:27 AM »

It's obvious that the entire thing was concocted as not only this years cheap sales gimmick but also as a lightly veiled expression of hate and disgust to any and all who have expressed a desire to move away from this neverending grimschlock.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2006, 03:28:29 AM »

Quote from: "Just a fan"
Well let's take a look at this, We have the Crisis ended, w're minus superboy and a flash,  that is familer tune isn't it? I wonder will anyone remember Kal-L and Lois this time around?

Powergirl and Wildcat seem to and the Thunderbolt clearly remembered the Earth 2 Batman in the latest JSA.

The thing that bugs me is that Didio said that the current Supes is the actual Pre-Crisis E1 Supes. Yet, he hasn't shown any memory whatsoever of his pre-Crisis adventures. It doesn't seem fair that some characters get to keep their memories while Superman gets the shaft once again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L