superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinite Crisis #7 Why?!  (Read 40210 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2006, 04:54:51 PM »

So I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss our opinions. There is no need for us to try and justify spending 27.93 (3.99 x 7) on that thing, I mean with that money I could have gotten about THREE Showcase books from Amazon and help charities and this site in the process.  

That's not entirely true. For one thing, my JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA and JONAH HEX Showcases were $16.99 plus tax. That's not bad, but not exactly the greatest bargain in the world for a book without color, especially considering that you could get ESSENTIAL THOR or ESSENTIAL GODZILLA for $14.99.

I did say Amazon right?

Showcase Presents: Justice League of America, Vol. 1
$11.04

Showcase Presents: Jonah Hex, Vol. 1
$11.04

No tax, and if you order $25 worth of stuff, it's free shipping. Order from this site and you help Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation. http://superman.nu/a/BookShop/

That is, if all you saw were the pages of the deaths and not the pages before,

Again, since you didn't follow the links, you wouldn't have known that DC posted ALL the pages, from page one to right before the fight at Newsarama.

I still didn't like it.
Someone else then posted the deathscenes.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2006, 05:23:10 PM »

Wouldn't call the Joker "lame", but agree that whole scene was...

Imagine SB-Prime was using super-ventriloquism (a pre-Crisis Kryptonian power he'd presumably still have) to speak while out in space...

And wondering what sort of funeral or whatever Kal-L, someone unknown to most of the post-Crisis DCU, will get---some insulting "buried under a small pile of rocks on a distant planet a la 'Star Trek:Generations'" bit? Would like to think the death of the hero that started their whole company's superhero era deserved better than "being pumelled to death by some doppelganger teenaged version of himself" or a lame burial no one will care about...

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »

You know, I don't know how often reality and the universe as we know it should be in danger, but the idea that it was because of teen angst seems particularly "WB" and trivial to me...there's more to comics than continuity anyways, and bringing back characters to serve this kind of storyline is worse than never bringing them back at all...
The Spider
Supermen of America

« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2006, 10:28:56 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"

Astonishing how good something like say, Marvel UK books or the Malibu line, who used solid colors instead of the "dot" coloring scheme, but did not go for computer colorization, look today. I can't help but feel the industry missed a boat there with the Malibu color model.

That might've been due to Marvel buying out Malibu to get said computer colorization (and also to prevent DC from doing so).

I remember being kind of turned off by the way Marvel's comics looked after they started using said Malibu computer colorization, and it took the Busiek/Perez AVENGERS to get me interested again.

Is McFarlane STILL a millionaire? I would imagine that now worthless home run ball of his set him back a bit, and I haven't heard about anything he's done lately (with the notable exception of bothering Warren Ellis, and while I consider that angry Irishman to be a talentless wanker, a broken clock still tells the right time twice a day).

McFarlane's still successful I guess, although supposedly his publishing part filed for bankruptcy or something.  But he's probably making enough on the toys (and apparently there's that second SPAWN/BATMAN crossover thing that also has a statue deal between DC Direct and McFarlane Toys/Statues/Whatever--that'd explain why McFarlane has the rights to make Hanna-Barbara toy-statues).

Oh, and I think Ellis is English, and Ennis is the one who's Irish (though yeah, Ellis was the one who mentioned the McFarlane-vocabulary thing).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L