superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superpants  (Read 9143 times)
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« on: May 05, 2006, 04:10:07 PM »

Why the heck is Super-Man wearing a speedo in the new movie?  Is this why Tom Welling is hesitant to put on a Supersuit these days?
  'Brokeback Metropolis'?I mean I am absolutely no Homophobe, my brother is gay & the greatest guy in the world. But c'mon Superman? I just hope Brian Singer keeps his fantasies out of the movie. I really wish they could have gotten Sam Raimi, he is so good, both his comedy/horror stuff & his "Spider-man", Probably the best super hero films since  "SuperMan 1"(OK "X-Men" is fair, but it does not have the drama or excitement of the 'Spider-man' films, not even close). Even The guy who did the 1st "Batman" with Jack Nicholson might have been good too. I don't know, we'll see. Something about that suit though, ( & the actor) gives me the shudders , like when Bart Simpson has to wash his aunt Selmas feet. uuuuuhhh. I am hearing other people saying similar things about it too lately. & Lois Lane a single Mom?? Clark kent wasnt even good enough for her, let alone anyone else in the world but Superman! I know what your gonna say, "superman left earth, she had to"  I dont like the premise. She'd have NEVER lost faith that Superman would come back to her in the comic, & shed have waited till she was 99! & he DOES come back!   Honestly, I'd like to see what Brad Bird would do with the whole 'Superman' mythos at pixar. As soon as you see real people wear these costumes we are used to seeing in the comics it becomes apparent how odd it would be in real life. "Smallvilles" approach is the most realistic one, in my opinion. This is why the finest Superhero films were the Fleschier Bros 'Superman' cartoons. But Pixar could do the same thing, & potentially do it better.

"IT TICKLES"
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 04:15:22 AM »

I'm gay, but can evaluate Supes' costume without "projecting my [nonexistent] fantasies" onto it... though I haven't found much objectionable about it (besides the oddity of the "S" on the belt buckle/the pale-pastel colors)...

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 04:43:03 AM »

The new movie Superman seems to have his red pants lower in the waist than previously....SEEMS to be a modification of his suit, but then again, its tights with a cape and shorts worn on top...

Ah, gee, no, I can't find anything sexual about it...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 05:42:05 AM »

Like most people, I haven't even notice, and still don't.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 05:45:37 AM »

Im like you, i dont find anything sexual about it at all, I just find it kind of gross. Adam Wests Batman looked more authentic, or equally authentic. If a guy Did go to some tough spot looking like that, say Oakland, He BETTER be able to run at supersonic speeds! It reminds me of the Batman costume George Cooney & the kid who played Robin wore when they fought Arnold! I didnt find anything sexual there either, though I am told the director did.

"IT TICKLES"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 05:55:19 AM »

Did you know that Jimmy Olsen was gay in the original TV Show? Did you also know that no one cares?

I have no clue what is going through the director's mind and what some people are trying to project in there and I couldn't care less, he is a good action director and that is all that matters to me.

http://static.flickr.com/36/77982973_0ccac030ed_o.jpg

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 12:46:37 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Did you know that Jimmy Olsen was gay in the original TV Show? Did you also know that no one cares?

I have no clue what is going through the director's mind and what some people are trying to project in there and I couldn't care less, he is a good action director and that is all that matters to me.

http://static.flickr.com/36/77982973_0ccac030ed_o.jpg

Actually, Jack Larson (the actor who played Jimmy) is gay, not Jimmy (barring some future Silver Age-esque Jimmy-transformation storyline coming about...). :-)

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 01:36:16 AM »

That is what I meant of course.

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L