superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nine Worst Legion Retcons  (Read 9996 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 10:58:28 PM »

Given the problems, I know that I wouldn't want to try to write a post-Crisis Legion story... Cool

Actually, I think that Amalak only showed up twice in the Weisinger era, and the first time he was meant to be a delivery device more than a fleshed-out character, though it sort of seemed that he was kind of a pawn in "Who Took the Super Out of Superman?" as well...
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 02:48:17 AM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
I doubt Mr Busiek's was reposnible for editorial conundrums that were/are imploding all over DC. You work with what you're given by the editor.

Oh, I'm sure he isn't (with AVENGERS FOREVER he was part of the solution instead of part of the problem) but I'm just saying about the VALOR series ITSELF.

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Huh? Im sure glad I stopped reading the LSH after they left Adventure.

But then you might have missed some of the Cary Bates issues of SUPERBOY AND THE LEGION! The issue with ERG-1 brings a tear to my eye even today. There was a Legion kid rejected because of his incredible powers, but who has one unique power that he cannot demonstrate. Later, when the Legion are captured, he thinks "No choice! Got to use...THE POWER!" The Legionnaires are saved, but they go and find an empty costume hissing smoke.

He could only use the power once...because it would kill him. Wow.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 03:06:55 AM »

ERG-1 sounds a lot like Kid Psycho who shortened his life wach time he used his power and was admitted as a Reservist
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 03:33:20 AM »

To me too...

The Adventure Legion could be a harsh place, lots of twists and folks tossed out...Saturn Girl could be a harsh taskmistress... Cool
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 05:07:44 PM »

A friend of mine swears by the "Five Years Later" storyline. While the other insists it was one of, if not, the worst Legion story ever written. In your opinion, which is it?

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 05:37:46 PM »

Anything after 1986 isn't really the Legion anymore but a confuse pathetic shell of what once was. In my opinion.

http://members.shaw.ca/legion_of_super-heroes/mainpage.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 05:48:12 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Anything after 1986 isn't really the Legion anymore but a confuse pathetic shell of what once was. In my opinion.

I wouldn't go that far - the Legion had some great stories left in it thanks to Levitz staying on the book. Who doesn’t love Quislet, that two foot tin can of pure gossipy ego? It’s funny how the titles that were strong going into Crisis (e.g. NEW TEEN TITANS, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES) after Crisis felt less interesting and edgy after CRISIS. There was the great “Who is Saturn Girl?” subplot, for instance, which involved a roundabout way to return Princess Projectra.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 05:49:40 PM »

Beppo, that site is why Al Gore invented the internet! Smiley  Well, HERE too! S!

One of my very first discoveries on the net and Im proud to say Im an occassional contributer.  I love the super-powered mission boards!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L