superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what destroyed Krypton?  (Read 6834 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 03:57:35 PM »

I have no idea, I stop watching in the mid 90's, and yes that was before it was shown on US TV.

I don't care too much about it anymore, It was funny and fun at the time, but they tried to make it more serious for the US Market and that turn me off.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 03:57:35 PM »

Sword of Superman, I dont know where you were when issue #39 of Spider-man came out, but let me tell you something, although Marvel tried to cover it up by posting ONLY fan-mail that was positive, EVERYONE I knew who read the strip swore they were gonna give it up. The book got bigger, I know, but, reputedly it lost 80% of its originall fanbase.It was like replacing the most inventive form of superhero comicbook storytelling with a soap Opera!Peter Parker went from the geek everyone knew & loved to the actor on a "Pepsodent" commercial! Even Romita will admit this, & Stan Lee still says that no ones style suited a comic as did Ditkos style suit "Spiderman". It was as if the Beatles had lost Paul McCartney & Ringo both.
Maybe Romita Sr COULD disagree with me, but he doesnt disagree with me, he believes the same thing, if you believe him. His 'Spider-man' resembled 'Millie The Model" more than anything else at the time. It was like Culture Shock . But I know what you mean, Marvel has done more than simply rip- Off DC, I got carried away(the 'Brand echhh' thing still lingers in my memory).But, let me say, as far as technechally proficiant artists go, Romita is at the top of the list, John Buscema too. But they lack something that Kirby & Ditko had in spades, Joe Shuster too. & while we are at it, Carl Barks, Elsie Chrysler Seegar, & for my money, Frank Miller. There are others, but this is my list right now, give me a cup of coffee & I would probably kick myself for not remembering a few more key names.

"IT TICKLES"
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 05:32:16 PM »

Rao, where did you get that pic of the S-monkey?  (I hope hes laughing)

"IT TICKLES"
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 12:09:31 AM »

One of my favorite theories for the destruction of Krypton is that Krypton's core was made of Uranium, and thus when it started to break down, the entire planet went up like an atomic bomb.

There's something so very, well, 1950s about this idea that it just wins me over.

Captain Kal and I had several conversations on this forum about this idea. For instance, if Krypton had a uranium core, why wouldn't the radiation kill all  life? Until it was remembered that GOLD was the most common element on Krypton's crust; gold, like lead, is a good shielding from radiation.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Doug Barr
Supermen of America

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 01:27:47 AM »

assume, (going back to the 1st posting from this topic), that indeed Krypton was destroyed due to a Super-Nova of its Sun.When then, in its history, did the city of Kandor dissapear? Are there any stories which take place on Krypton that speak of this city that used to be?
 Imagine that Braniac, that city stealing android, was created by some race,or some very highly evolved beings, to keep watch over the universe for stars that are reaching the point of super-nova, & when finding them, travels to them searching for possible life supporting planets in the dying Suns orbit, & if finding one, shrinking one of its cities (which would soon have been extint had he not come along). Shrinking it & taking it as we know happened to Kandor.(Maybe Kandor was taken very shortly before Krypton was destroyed - BECAUSE it was about to be destroyed)
   Now imagine a solar system with maybe 20 planets of many size. This solar system being the fruit of the entire galazy. On its 20 planets sit, side by side, cities from every planet that has so far existed in the Milky Way. This solar system is Brainiacs true 'purpose'.He (they)
tends it like a farmer does his fields. In this Solar System would be found the history of every planet that has ever existed & died, one day our history would be found there too, along with our decendants.    
    It would probably take a host of Brainiacs to do this.  one day when whatever star these planets revolved around was about to die itself this host of androids  would have prepared by finding a suitably younger solar system to move all cities to. The cities that had originally formed on large planets would be placed on planets as close in size as possible.Perhaps they would have a means to "plant' the suitable atmospheres needed for the different cities.
   Yes, a city from every planet that has so far existed would be found there. Except there would be no city from Krypton. If some visitor came upon this wondorus solar system, some visitor from some far-off galaxy, or some life form we cant even imagine,(possibly the very beings who created these "Brainiacs") this visitor would learn of every civilation that the milky way gave birth to except Krypton.Not unless Superman found the nature of Brainic & took Kandor there himself.Perhaps 'Brainiac became 'evil' when Kandor was taken from him, & he is programmed to resort to any means to get it back.
  (bear in mind this is simply a daydream) But What IS the ultimate destiny for life, simply to die-out when our sun becomes too old, leaving no record that we ever existed, except in heaven, where as angels we reminiss about the good old days?

"IT TICKLES"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L