superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Trades  (Read 5616 times)
elfie
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: May 19, 2006, 03:34:19 PM »

I'm trying my best to put together a complete list of Superman trades in chronological order.

I think this is fairly complete with the exception of the Showcase books and some of the TV series.

I've been struggling with whether or not to include the JLA books since superman does star in them, but they rarely had any huge impact on his life. I keep thinking I should at least put in the JLA book(s) that include Energy Superman since as far as I have found, there aren't any actually Superman books that include this part of his history.

Any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.supermantrades.com/
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 04:20:52 PM »

I don't see the Superman Story(B&W reprint of Action 500) or The World of Krypton(a B&W reprint of the mini-series of the same name which is on this site)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 11:43:04 PM »

I didn't see the TPB Panic In The Sky (LOVE that title!).  I believe that story takes place immediately prior to Death Of Superman.

elfie
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:20:57 PM »

Thanks to both of you for the tips! I'll definitely be adding all three of the books you mentioned this evening.

ShinDangaioh, where in the list would you place The Superman Story and The World of Krypton?
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 02:53:55 PM »

I just remembered one more story/TPB!  

It's the 4-parter that had the conclusion to the mysterious Mr. X, who was Clark Kent's neighbor in the 1970's.  The story's reprinted here on this very site and was released around 1980 (I think) as a TPB.  The story itself took place around 1976, though.

ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:53:01 PM »

The Superman Story is a reprint of Action 500, so it's the pre-Crisis Earth One Superman.  As to World of Krypton, it's also a  pre-crisis b&w reprint.  You can read it here on this site in color.

http://superman.nu/tales2/world/1/

See?
elfie
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »

I've added Panic in the Sky as well as a bunch of others that I had missed around that same time-period. Thanks for the tip!

I haven't added the pre-crisis B&W reprints yet. Those will be forthcoming. Does anyone know if the physical copies of those are the smaller pocket-sized books? Because they look really familiar and I think I actually have several of them in a box in my basement somewhere......
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 02:04:16 PM »

That's a great list so far, Elfie!  

Those B&W reprints ARE regular paperback-sized, as you suspected.  

Oh, you MIGHT want to put the DC TPB of Legends in the list, as Superman DID have a role in the founding of that version of the Justice League, even though he declined to join at that point.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L