superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Categories  (Read 12598 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« on: May 21, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »

Since categories are always going to be subjective, and are hard to remember, can there be rule that only the Council of Wisdom can change them?  For example, to me, "Historical Figures" was meant for real world folks who show up in comic stories, not all comic people that lived in the comic's past...time periods, to me, are tricky as well...what is the "past" of "future" in comics always changes, so sticking to the era when the story came out seems best...at least that's what I thought.

Just wondering...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:09:50 PM »

talk to these guys:

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Supermanica:Administrators

I agree, less is more.

too many unnecessary Categories only serves to make things more confusing.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 07:29:42 PM »

Well, this is the place for feedback so I thought I'd bring it up here...an open thing like Wiki probably always invites different opinions, I guess mine would be to keep categories to a minimum and then add more close to the end, after thousands of entries...anyways, I'll send a tag to this thread...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 07:39:40 PM »

Anyways, you are a sysop, so maybe you could help me, should I remove "historical figures" for past fictional characters from comics?

I also don't think the "future" category works too well, what is the future always changes and many characters move from the present to the past and to the future...

I don't want to step on someone's edits though...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 07:40:37 PM »

I agree with you, but I have no control over these things.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 07:50:37 PM »

Yeah, no problemo... Cool

Anyways, the "future" category doesn't work for me, but I am just one dude.

But I think I will take off "historical figures" on fictional DC characters from the past, just doesn't seem to fit the definition...anyways, DrJohnnyDiablo did catch some that should be historical figures...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »

historical figures could be ok, as long as it's only for DC's take of non-fiction or supposedly non-fiction figures from history.

The future one however, is lame, since 2006 was the future in the sliver age. Remember the Superman 2001 story?

- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 09:37:16 PM »

Stupid one-way passing time... Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L