superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:10:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all Superboy Fans!  (Read 28245 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2006, 06:02:43 AM »

I think Lex cooks it up so he can fight an inexperienced Superman.  Some nice touches with adult Lois and "young" Superman.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2006, 03:06:42 PM »

Looking good! Sorry I haven't updated the Superboy entry any more. It's not because I'm angry at anyone or anything...I'm in the middle of some super-stressful wedding planning! We did find a place to live yesterday, though...  Cheesy

Anyway, I'll be away this weekend at a friend's wedding...in the BAHAMAS. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the entry when I return next week.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2006, 07:45:44 PM »

Wow, that last post was 4 months ago. I've been married for 3 months now!  Cheesy

I have a question about the Superboy entry. I've still been working on it when I can, and I originally created a section called Superboy Returns: Adventures in the Thirtieth Century to cover events that took place in Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes.

However, I was looking over the canonical sources today and the series isn't listed; only issues 1-196 of Superboy, before the name change, are listed. Is this oversight or is it intentional? (The SB/LSH issues were #197–258.)

-"Superman", 1960

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2006, 11:00:45 PM »

I think it was intentional, since at the time it was considered too huge to include, but perhaps it might be time to rethink that.

Perhaps you should started a new thread and state your case!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2006, 12:25:52 AM »

Yeah, I'd be in favor of extending it --many of those stories feature starring or important roles for SB.

(On the other hand, Legion info far exceeds Superboy info available online and we should try to redress that.)

Rao?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2006, 08:35:29 PM »

When I was putting the initial list of canonical sources together, I intentionally cut-off the Superboy series at the name change.  My thinking at the time was that including the Legion would be too big, because an LSH encyclopedia would probably be larger than an entire-DCU-minus-the-Legion encyclopedia, and I didn't want the Legion taking over the Wiki.

This might be another consideration for the "outside the purvue of Supermanica, but we refer to some of the events" sub-canon category.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2006, 09:43:19 PM »

Good point. One possibility could be a rule that no new entries can be created from the Superboy/LSH series. Material from the series could only be added to expand the Superboy entry or existing LSH entries, perhaps?

I too can foresee how making this series completely canonical could keep me clicking 'next 200' for 5 hours in the entries category.

-"Superman", 1960

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2006, 11:09:22 PM »

It's the same reason behind other Superman related books not being included like:

Justice League of America
All-Star Squadron

Both are large enough to have their own Wiki's

and some lesser series like
Infinity, Inc

Still too many, and a few others.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L