superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:33:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Super Ex-Girlfriend  (Read 8181 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« on: June 02, 2006, 12:08:30 AM »

What if they made a new Supergirl movie starring Uma Thurman but it was a comedy?

The answer is coming soon in a new Ivan Reitman/20th Century Fox feature called My Super Ex-Girlfriend.

I saw the trailer for this the other night when my better half dragged me to see the dismal X-Men 3.  

The movie features Uma as a Supergirl clone called G-Girl --she has the powers of flight, superstrength and some kind of super-vision which she uses to get revenge on her boyfriend Luke Wilson (a very photogenic version of Dick Malverne) who dumps her.

Uma looks great (she is a brunette in her secret i.d. just like Supergirl) as a superhero and the movie looks like it could be fun.

Anyway, I'm sure the net is all abuzz already, but here is the homepage:
http://www.mysuperex.com/

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:13:28 AM »

she also has super-breath.

It looks really funny, but iron age fans seem to HATE the film since it's a comedy and as you should know superheroes are not suppose to be fun.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 04:12:49 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
she also has super-breath.

It looks really funny, but iron age fans seem to HATE the film since it's a comedy and as you should know superheroes are not suppose to be fun.

I saw this trailer too.... don't have a problem with it being a comedy, but it didn't strike me as funny to me (more mean-spirited IMO ... (shrug)).

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:43:28 AM »

Mean-spirited towards superheroes (or maybe their fans)?

Or mean-spirited in general --in the sense that many modern comedies are cynical and about people being mean to each other for selfish reasons (but not like the 3 Stooges, Abbott and Costello, or The Marx Bros)?  "A revenge comedy."

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 08:04:48 AM »

Those people in Hollywood are crafty. A chick flick that lots of men will want to see, just because it's got superheroes in it!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 12:35:06 AM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
Mean-spirited towards superheroes (or maybe their fans)?

Or mean-spirited in general --in the sense that many modern comedies are cynical and about people being mean to each other for selfish reasons (but not like the 3 Stooges, Abbott and Costello, or The Marx Bros)?  "A revenge comedy."

Guess the "general" sense.... that and not a big romantic-comedy viewer, anyway. :-)

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 01:31:55 AM »

I'm not thrilled about seeing it. I'm getting married in a month, and a movie about super-controlling women is not what I need right now...  Smiley

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 07:52:36 AM »

I'm so glad none of my ex-girlfriends have had super-powers, because if they did, I would probably be dead by now.

Uma's got personality to burn, that's for sure. After watching THE PRODUCERS, amazing how she seemed to dominate the movie, despite the fact she was playing the part of "the girlfriend."

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L