superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman meets Eliot Ness?  (Read 2395 times)
dmat
Supermen of America

« on: June 04, 2006, 01:09:38 AM »

Hi! I've been a frequent visitor of this site and have finally gotten a membership.  Anyway, here's a little Superman footnote that I thought was interesting and I'd like to share.  It seems Superman and Eliot Ness (of Untouchables fame) have at least one thing in common, and may have even met.  Here are a couple of links with the details.

http://www.comicbooktidbits.com

http://www.novanotes.com/specul/ness.htm

alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 07:01:50 PM »

I'm glad you enjoyed the article---I had fun writing it.---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
dmat
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 02:57:00 AM »

It's a really well thought out and entertaining read, you should be proud.  I never grasped the deep connection between Cleveland and Superman until reading your article.  It's interesting to see how a creator's life influences their work - I guess that's one reason schools constantly teach Shakespeare.

You know, for the longest time my only source of comic info (besides the comics themselves) was the Overstreet Guide.  It is a wealth of info, but has its share of errors/omissions, like the "full page ad" in Action #12 of Detective #27, and no mention of the Ultra Humanite, Supes first multi-appearance super-villain.  Thank goodness for the internet!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L