superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:57:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The SUPER-RIVALRY that ROCKED METROPOLIS!"  (Read 13520 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: June 05, 2006, 05:29:38 AM »

Alright folks, you've read "Another Typical Day" (discussion), you've read "The DAY of the SUPER-COMET" (discussion), and now, at long last, we present:

"The SUPER-RIVALRY that ROCKED METROPOLIS!"

Third in the series of 1998's Mort Weisinger tributes.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:23:59 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:00:26 PM »

Kind of an awkward ending?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Kind of an awkward ending?

That was Beppo's  suggestion, although I'd been thinking along the same lines myself.  In effect, this is all there is.  But I have a possible solution:

If anyone ever puts together a good outline or script for "Part II", we can have it drawn up as a complete full-color, finished comic and put online.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 05:05:36 PM »

Trust me, you don't really want to know what happen next. :gah:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 05:22:07 PM »

Bruce Wayne came from Krypton?

Wait - it's a birthday hoax! :wink:  I'll take a respite in Gardner Fox's "What If" room and see if anything bites me - as long as it isn't one of those thought beasts cause they always think the same thing!
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 03:05:33 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Bruce Wayne came from Krypton?

Wait - it's a birthday hoax! :wink:

Both of those ideas are brilliant.  Maybe the red K, or the Toyman, fit in somehow too.  Or Maybe this is a Batman who's actually from another Earth but got stuck here somehow.  Or Maybe Superman was unknowingly transported to a duplicate Earth populated by robots...

S!

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 02:41:39 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
 Or Maybe Superman was unknowingly transported to a duplicate Earth populated by robots...
S!

Yessssss!  A billion years in the future!!!! :shock:  Cheesy
Continental Op
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:23:41 AM »

The scene where Clark shows up for work with the hat is fantastic!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L