superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSUPER FRIENDS DVD!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Super Teacher from Krypton Returns!  (Read 9534 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: June 11, 2006, 12:25:11 AM »

Super Teacher as you all know, is hands down the biggest jerk in the Superverse. His comic is on this site, if you don't belive me.

Now, how come he doesn't have his own entry in the Supermanica?

That doesn't seem right  :?

Anyway, B for Blog has posted not one but two full articles of everyone's favorite robojerk.

Enjoy!

part 1: http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/309
part 2: http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/310

WARNING: if you don't enjoy crude funny humor than don't click on those links. Tongue

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 12:38:25 AM »

Its true, its true...

Actually, I DO hate the Super Teacher, in his first adventure, he just annoyed me as someone who looked like he belonged on the Robot Planet of "Futurama", and I don't like his return at all, the romance seems too quick, I detest the idea that "bigfoot" is real Cool and the resolution is too harsh for a teacher to teach, especially as Superboy had about a bijillion earlier adventures where "things aren't what they seem"...

But I do think that the second appearance is part of the evidence that Superboy is Superman about when he leaves for college or a bit later... Cheesy
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 03:10:41 AM »

Clark should made some super nuts and bolts outta old Tin Head!

BTW Dial B for Blog and Robby are saluting Superman all month. I wonder what the occassion is?   :wink:
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 05:17:06 AM »

Has anyone read the Supergirl/Super Teacher story?  I wonder if the Super Teacher is just as lovable in that tale as he was in his first two...

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 10:37:48 AM »

I have and he's even worse!
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:31:40 AM »

Like I said initially when reading the tale,  the end of those Super-robot tales should've consisted of Superboy making a sizeable, green-colored invulnerable-scrap-metal donation to General Motors or the US Army or something... ;-p

Wonder if Supergirl got the idea to recycle the "teacher" into a Buick or not in her tale...

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 04:40:57 AM »

Mini review from http://darkmark6.tripod.com/sgirlind.htm

Adventure Comics No. 382
July 1969
Synopsis:  Jor-El's robot teacher from Krypton, which originally tested Superboy and found him worthy of being a super-hero, now comes to Earth to test Supergirl, believing her emotionally
incapable of properly using her powers.  (At the time, Supergirl is on the outs with Superman for messing up during a fight with the villain Vulinac.)  Disguising itself with a light-cloak and calling itself "Topar", the robot-teacher takes control of Supergirl's Linda Danvers and Supergirl robots, makes them misperform to put her under more strain, and threatens to take away her powers.  But, with the help of a campus vandal called the Red Rebel, Supergirl traps and reveals the robot-teacher, who admits she has passed the test.  Later, Superman apologizes for "being so miffed" with Supergirl.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »

Was it ever revealed how the robot was going to remove the superpowers?

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L