superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSupermanicaHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Batman era is your favorite?  (Read 25299 times)
Richard Grayson
Superman Fan

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »

I could swear we just talked about this a month or two ago... I must be going senile in my old age.

Perhaps you did. I thought I had gone over this whole site, but it is so big I could have missed something.

Thanks for all the links. I read through them, but I don’t like that newer stuff much. Firing Dick seem to have been pointless since they just kept trying to replace him. I still say that the best comics came out of the WWWII era. They had a good mix of danger and humor.

Kudos to the folks who are posting the online comics. Those and the DC Archives I order through the library are my only source of stories.

Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2007, 01:11:52 AM »

My favorite incarnation is the animated series and that prolly is in no small part because my introduction the character was with the late 70's stuff. A combo of that and renting Batman: From the 30's to the 80's from my local library as a kid.

Everything Miller and beyond has just been an endless ream of sludge. Jason may not have been a great character but the 1-800 number thing is a in my opinion one of the single most disgraceful things in the history of comics. I despise Killing Joke. Knightfall was laughable garbage. .and Batman as the guy who has a plan to beat everything and everybody because he's a hatefilled and paranoid loon is the ultimate in over compensation. Heh, and they say Superman is too powerful. Least he has an excuse, he has powers!

I haven't checked out the latest stuff. Frankly, it's hard to give DC mainline a chance when everytime I flip open one of their books it seems like somebody's intestines are beng splattered across the pages. Yes, I'm looking at you 52.

Then you have All Star B&R which is like everything wrong with superhero comics concentrated in a NyQuil cup. Miller needs to go back to Sin City and never set foot in Gotham or Metropolis ever again. When the only way you can justify Robin for yourself as a writer is to have Batman be a psycho who makes him eat rats, you have no business writing Batman. Go home.

As far as newer stuff I've been trying to get into the Matt Wagner stuff because I liked Trinity but something about the art is not clicking with me this time.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2007, 02:24:15 AM »

Hmmm... pre-Crisis Batman...

Seriously, From 1939 (Robin intro) to 1950's (pre Batwoman and Sci-Fi)... new look of the '60's... all faves of mine.

Oh, early '80's pre Crisis... Don Newton art.. ooooh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L