superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:47:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press Release: The Superman Channel  (Read 7171 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: June 13, 2006, 05:33:56 PM »

I just received a press release announcing "The Superman Channel" which  features "everything Superman," including:

- A&E's new Superman documentary, "Look Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman"
- The Adventures of Superman
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures
- Superboy
- Superman Cartoons

The channel will be available through July and is free.

The press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SUPERMAN COMES TO in2tv at aol.com

in2tv website adds superman channel dedicated to ‘man of steel’ FEATURING CLASSIC TELEVISION SERIES, CARTOONS

online premiere of a&e documentary
Look, Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman
BY BRYAN SINGER, DIRECTOR OF UPCOMING Superman Returns

Burbank, CA and Dulles, VA – June 13, 2006 – Timed to coincide with the upcoming release of Superman Returns (in theatres June 28th,) Warner Bros. and AOL today launched a special Superman Channel on In2TV ( http://www.aol.com/in2tv ) to celebrate the Man of Steel.  In2TV is the largest offering of popular television series available online for free and the destination for watching full TV episodes.  The Superman Channel is available now through the end of July 2006.

In2TV's Superman Channel will also feature the new A&E documentary "Look, Up In the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman," directed by Bryan Singer, in its online and on-demand debut.  The documentary, narrated by Superman Returns star Kevin Spacey, features behind-the-scenes clips of Superman Returns; Superman fans Jerry Seinfeld, Gene Simmons and Mark Hamill; comic book legend Stan Lee and much, much more.

Also on the Superman Channel:

The Adventures of Superman – “Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, it’s Superman!”  The quintessential TV series starring George Reeves is back.  Fans can reconnect with the original live action version of America’s favorite superhero in his never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way.

Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman -  The recent popular sci-fi television series romantically unites the fantastic duo while exploring the odd love relationship that develops between a modern career woman who falls head-over-heals for Superman while not realizing that he is also her best friend, Clark Kent.  Starring Teri Hatcher (“Desperate Housewives”) and Dean Cain ("Las Vegas,") fans can see how the couple works out their differences in this sexy take on the classic superhero.  Look for guest stars including Howie Mandel (“Deal or No Deal,”) Jonathan Frakes (“Star Trek: The Next Generation,”) and rock-n-roll legend Roger Daltrey (The Who).  

Superboy - Before Smallville there was the first television interpretation of a young Clark Kent which premiered in 1988.  Fans join Clark during his college-years at Shuster University.  The mild-mannered journalism student battles his arch-nemesis, Lex Luther, while trying to sweep Lana Lang off her feet.  Loved by gen-Xers, see how the Superboy series successfully introduces “Superman” arch-villains Metallo and Bizzaro!

Max Fleischer’s Superman Cartoons – Everybody’s favorite Superman cartoons originally appeared in movie theaters as shorts before airing on television.   Max Fleischer is the granddaddy of the animated short.  He made the first animated shorts with sound and produced the beloved Popeye and Betty Boop cartoons.  His designs on this Superman series were so revolutionary they influenced the look of many superhero cartoons to follow.

DVD’s of the A&E documentary, "Look, Up In the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman," will go on sale on June 20th.

About AOL
AOL and its subsidiaries operate a leading network of Web brands and the largest Internet access subscription service in the United States. Web brands include the AOL.com(R) website, AIM(R), MapQuest(R) and Netscape(R). AOL offers a range of digital services in the areas of education, safety and security, communications and music. The company also has operations in Europe and Canada. AOL LLC is a majority-owned subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. and is based in Dulles, Virginia.

About Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution
Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution is the leading supplier of programming to the pay television and basic cable marketplaces.  WBDCD licenses, markets and distributes top quality programming to a dozen broadcast networks, 30 Pay-TV, over 100 basic channels and numerous HD networks.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »

Wow, sounds great! Hey Rao, you run this big, famous website. Do you often find yourself asked to talk to the press the way Nightwing does because of HIS site? Do you get free stuff?

The AOL TV-channels are pretty fantastic. I'm able to watch - on demand, mind you - KUNG FU, THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, and the Lynda Carter WONDER WOMAN. Essentially, anything in the Warner Bros television library.

And watching George Reeves on demand is pretty sweet!

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 07:29:53 PM »

The only reason DC hasn't shut us down yet is because we do a better job promoting Superman than they do, and they don't even have to pay us. LOL.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 07:34:04 PM »

Quote from: "JulianPerez"
Wow, sounds great! Hey Rao, you run this big, famous website. Do you often find yourself asked to talk to the press the way Nightwing does because of HIS site? Do you get free stuff?

Occasionally.  Three copies of the Kingdom Come novel, but that was my payment for having my poem used in it.  Crystal clear copies of previously unknown artwork - like K-Metal pages 7 and 12; and an unknown Curt Swan story inked by Angelo Torres (of Mad Magazine fame), which I plan to put online one of these days.  Also got a DVD of the Luthor for President movie, which is great, and an advance copy of the recent The Man from Krypton book.  Although I have not written a review of it yet, I will mention that it's extremely well done and covers all the real stuff.  If I hadn't gotten a freebie, I'd buy a copy.  I get the occasional Press release from WB and other sources.  But the best perks are things like the Sam Hawkins stories, Angel and Bob's gratis work on K-Metal, and the community at this forum.

The first (and last) interview I did was a couple of years ago for Entertainment Weekly - GandalfDC was also interviewed for that one.  Nothing since, until a week or two ago when I was contacted by someone from the Chicago Daily Herald who was working on an article about Superman's look, but unfortunately I dropped the ball  on that and didn't responded to him in a timely manner.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 08:29:24 AM »

Curses! "We're sorry, but the content you requested is not available for viewing in your area." Boo for the internet!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 09:41:16 PM »

It won't let me watch unless I install Windows XP on my Mac - which would be a pretty neat trick!  My Super-Brain is currently hard at work on the problem...

S!

Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:55:34 AM »

And of course, us Linux users are also out of luck (thanks to AOL in2TV's site being Windows-only.... stupid move IMO...). So wanted to see "Pinky and the Brain" there, too...

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:33:47 AM »

I got it to work, but only by temporarily abandoning my Opera browser and launching (ick!) Internet Explorer.  Glad I saw it, though...saved me 8 bucks for the DVD.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L