superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kryptonite!  (Read 13809 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: June 17, 2006, 11:59:58 PM »

I am not one to add new Categories, but, I thought that this one would be handy.

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Category:Kryptonite

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 01:23:41 AM »

You lovenew categories Beppo admit it you Daxamite! Wink

Lets start you off:

Green
Red
Blue
White
Jewel
Silver
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 08:08:17 AM »

Huh! I notice from the Gold K article that the permanent loss of powers is inherited by the offspring, which means that Alan Moore got it wrong in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, where the powerless Superman's infant son is shown crushing a lump of coal into a diamond.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:18:13 AM »

That just means that the Chronicles contradict themselves.  Such things have happened before, and both events should be presented.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 12:18:52 PM »

If we are to treat the Moore story as part of continuity, and not as an "imaginary story" (which is listed as a theoretcial concept in Supermanica), then we also have to imagine that Superman, who is a scientific genius, may have found a way to reverse the effect in his child or that Lois found a way to have a super-child or that the child was somehow exposed to superpowers accidentally or that Lois hides diamonds in her coal bin, disguised as coal with a very soft shell.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 12:25:16 PM »

You cracked it! Clearly Lois hides diamonds in her coal-scuttle; let's face it, she's just the type, and what's more, she probably has more diamonds than she knows what to do with from the days she was dating Superman.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 04:52:40 PM »

I added the Alan Moore story to the Gold-K entry - but I also noticed that the Superboy picture is from another imaginary story, which seems to not be referenced in the text!  We should probably add those events as well.  The text box in that same picture also mentions that the Gold-K effect is delayed, another tidbit not mentioned in the text.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 01:42:44 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
I added the Alan Moore story to the Gold-K entry - but I also noticed that the Superboy picture is from another imaginary story, which seems to not be referenced in the text!  We should probably add those events as well.  The text box in that same picture also mentions that the Gold-K effect is delayed, another tidbit not mentioned in the text.

S!

That was from Adventure Comics No. 299, Aug 1962: "The Unwanted Superbaby".

Which I belive was the 1st Gold K story ever, I guess to test the idea of Gold K.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L