superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kryptonite!  (Read 13807 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 06:27:35 AM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
Clearly Lois hides diamonds in her coal-scuttle; let's face it, she's just the type, and what's more, she probably has more diamonds than she knows what to do with from the days she was dating Superman.

Yes, that would make a great story: what did Lois do with all the treasures she received from Superman?  My favourite gift, never delivered, was the perfect pearl necklace Superman was making to give to Lois in the event of his death (he also worked on a sports car for Jimmy).
Whenver he had a day off, Superman would scour the ocean for perfect pearls, slowly accumulating them over years.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 09:52:49 PM »

I added another one:

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Category:Elements

I felt it was needed.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 01:36:21 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking that category would be good...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 02:39:54 AM »

I was thinking that Lead has played a large part in the comics, perhaps someone should try creating an entry for it.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 09:40:27 PM »

Yikes, lead, there must be a million mentions of lead...is there any "starter" entry in TGSB?

I might try to start up a gold entry, it has some history in Fort Knox adventures, the Gold Volcano of Krypton, and Superbaby went searching for it when Ma Kent lost an earring...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 12:27:34 AM »

no, since it would have taken up the whole book! LOL!

I been thinking of all the ways that Superboy and Superman used lead, man I guess that was before people figured out lead poisoning, I mean there was this one story in which he melted lead and cover his body with it with a big smile on his face "that Green K can't hurt me now".  I bet they ate it, drunk it, bathe with it, brushed their teeth with lead toothpaste, baked lead cookies, etc I bet they used it for everything, not very good role models if you ask me. :wink:

- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:39 AM »

That's what I was afraid of, even a reference to its first Golden Age use to screen kryponite radiation would be good, I assume after kryptonite was established as radioactive...

Still, no other Earth metal was probably as important to Superman's adventures...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 12:45:07 AM »

I added to the Gold Entry.

It would be nicer to include a pic of Gold from a Superman comic, rather than a photo.

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L