superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:20:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Spectacular (1982) Question...  (Read 8840 times)
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 04:20:15 AM »

Ok, I'll post a plot summary once I read it.

While I am purposely staying away from foreign printings (otherwise I could never complete my superman comic collection), how many original german stories do you think there were?

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 05:03:06 AM »

Quote from: "Uncle Mxy"
In 1981, in response to their German audience's insatiable demand for Superman stories

Almost as if there is something about the concept of the ubermensch that has a hold of them... Cheesy

I would love to know how many of these Superman graphic novels there are.  I wonder if they are all re-workings of classic stories.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 01:52:15 AM »

Ok...the plot:

Luthor breaks into STAR labs to steal technology developed to artificially manufacture magic energy.  Meanwhile, Terra-Man finds a chunk of kryptonite in space, and decides to team up with Luthor to bring down Superman.  They arrange an ambush, which goes horribly wrong when it turns out the kryptonite Terra-Man found was *red* kryptonite (he didn't know the difference).  Exposed, Superman once again splits into Superman-red and Superman-blue.  

The two Supermen then go about apprehending the two villains, having trouble along the way as they are sharing 1 set of powers.  Terra-Man is eventually rounded up, but Luthor proves to be more difficult, as he opens a rift of magic energy which he commands at will.  Finally the red kryptonite wears off, and Superman wins when the universe corrects itself and the rift is sealed depriving Luthor of his weapon - "Science...magic..two mighty forces that can never co-exist in any universe. For the rift between the dimensions is as gaping a wound in the very fabric of the cosmos.  And should it remain open, the cosmos might be torn asunder in a cataclysmic spasm of celestial agony that would mark the end of all things.  but the cosmos has its ways of healing..."  

Very um...poetic.  Related to this, is that there seems to be a *serious* relationship going on between Superman and Lois throughout their encounters in this book.

Credits:
Plot - Bob Rozakis
Script - Paul Kupperberg
Penciller - Adrian Gonzales
Inker - Vince Colletta
Letterer - John Costanza
Colorist - Jerry Serpe
Editor - Julius Schwartz

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up