superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonBatman!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, looks like Kara gets a S.I.  (Read 13599 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 04:16:48 AM »

Quote from: "DBN"
She and Powergirl are currently in Kandor. Red Sun enviroment and their powers are waining. So, probably standard needles and ink.

Doesn't make sense, because according to the plot summary, Kara still had all her superpowers.

And I still think her tattoo will last about as long as Superman's  1970s long-sideburns did - which was even less time than his mullet!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 06:45:54 AM »

If I've understood this correctly (and I probably haven't), there are two Supergirls now, one with and one without a tattoo; one evil and one good; one in the future and one in the ghetto that passes for Kandor these days. So which one gets the secret identity, or are they going to merge into one individual again -- in which case, what happens to the tattoo?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Quote from: "DBN"
She and Powergirl are currently in Kandor. Red Sun enviroment and their powers are waining. So, probably standard needles and ink.

Doesn't make sense, because according to the plot summary, Kara still had all her superpowers.

And I still think her tattoo will last about as long as Superman's  1970s long-sideburns did - which was even less time than his mullet!

S!

DC is still using the solar battery explanation for Kryptonian powers, Post-IC.

Meaning that while Kara still has all of her abilities, those abilites get weaker and weaker in power due to the red sun enviroment and the lack of any yellow solar energy.

With her invunerability not being up to normal levels, she was able to get the tatoo.

Funny thing is, once she leaves Kandor and comes back under the rays of a yellow sun, the tatoo should fade due to her body's natural healing process.

After all, the current Superman has never sported any sort of scars from his many fights. Even the particurally bloody fights he had with Doomsday.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 08:06:20 AM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
If I've understood this correctly (and I probably haven't), there are two Supergirls now, one with and one without a tattoo; one evil and one good; one in the future and one in the ghetto that passes for Kandor these days. So which one gets the secret identity, or are they going to merge into one individual again -- in which case, what happens to the tattoo?

The two version of Kara were merged back together in issue 5.

Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) and Powergirl (Kara Zor-L) are the two operating as Nightwing and Flamebird in Kandor during this story arc.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 08:17:50 PM »

Well, that makes sense. Or does it? Is it just me, or does it strike you as odd that people just don't understand what's happening any more if they haven't read every single blessed issue? I'm this close to giving up on DC's mainstream stuff because I'm just not prepared to read 8,000 comics to get the continuity straight.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 08:34:53 PM »

Is it just me, or does it strike you as odd that people just don't understand what's happening any more if they haven't read every single blessed issue?  I'm this close to giving up on DC's mainstream stuff because I'm just not prepared to read 8,000 comics to get the continuity straight.

DC wants you to buy every single comic of what they produce.   Joker's Last Laugh proved that, by shoving a Batman story into comics that had nothing to do with Batman.  

As to what is going on with the two Supergirl titles, there was no need for this back pre-Crisis.    The titles just interacted however they wanted and didn't bother with continuity
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 10:20:34 PM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
Well, that makes sense. Or does it? Is it just me, or does it strike you as odd that people just don't understand what's happening any more if they haven't read every single blessed issue? I'm this close to giving up on DC's mainstream stuff because I'm just not prepared to read 8,000 comics to get the continuity straight.

With this Supergirl you don't have to. The only books you need to pick up are Superman/Batman: Supergirl trade, Supergirl: Power trade, and the latest issue. Though, she is also appearing in the LOSH title.

This isn't like the Linda Danvers Supergirl (who I happened to like) where you had to know the backstory of the Matrix Supergirl along with picking up every title of that series to understand what was going on.

The backstory of this Supergirl is just as simple as that of the Pre-Crisis Supergirl.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L