superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:55:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SUPERMAN RETURNS **SPOILERS** review thread  (Read 37597 times)
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2006, 01:08:14 PM »

Finally I have been able to see the movie,my country has been the last one to have distributed it, and in its first weekend it has already caught up the top of  movie chart.
After have reading so many negative comments about It,i will not denied that i have gone to the cinema thinking to see something that not fully respect the heritage of the character,but i can say instead of being remained positively impressed.
Sure there are things like the kid and the absence for 5 years of Superman from the earth, and also i have noticed Clark Kent is only a cameo in this film, but after the show new questions rises in me: it is true that our hero absents from its adoptive planet is way too long, but we know nothing of what really happened it in this period, in the firts scenes of the movie, when we see is spaceship travel towards the Earth, I have noticed that the same one could be chased, and to a certain point i see an object crashing on the surface of a planet,was a meteorite or something different? Perhaps the next movie will give us an answer.
And someone have succed on  reading what is written on the tablet of the Scrabble game displayed in the Kent farm? I think to have caught a glimpse of the word alien.
My judgment on the movie is positive, that’s also because thanks to it, in this period I see familiar“ S” everywhere, and for the occasion of its exit they have even translate the book of Tom De Haven “It’s Superman” in Italian :shock: , my favorite bookshop, that can be found in the middle of the city, has even exposed in is window a lifesize statue of Superman,this near the wordl’s famous Uffizi museum,go figure! And since in my country  Pokemon and Dragonball rules among the kids is indeed a big satisfaction for me to see the children interested to the adventures of the man of steel!

S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2006, 06:42:30 PM »

Quote from: "Sword of Superman"
my favorite bookshop, that can be found in the middle of the city, has even exposed in is window a lifesize statue of Superman,this near the wordl’s famous Uffizi museum,go figure!

You live in Florence?Huh? Would you like to exchange for London?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2006, 10:17:12 PM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
Quote from: "Sword of Superman"
my favorite bookshop, that can be found in the middle of the city, has even exposed in is window a lifesize statue of Superman,this near the wordl’s famous Uffizi museum,go figure!

You live in Florence?Huh? Would you like to exchange for London?

Yes! An exchange?  Maybe...I never been there but from what i know London is nice city.

S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2006, 06:30:14 AM »

To be honest, you'd lose on the deal! But wow, Florence must be my favourite city anywhere.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2006, 07:28:38 PM »

To be honest, you'd lose on the deal! But wow, Florence must be my favourite city anywhere.

And in fact i was joking :wink: !(sorry)I never exchange my beautiful city for another,i love it so much!If i can ask, how many times you have been here Permanus?

S!  S!  S!

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2006, 08:37:11 PM »

I've probably been to Florence about 8 times -- the first time was 20 years ago, when I was 19! If I lived there and spoke better Italian I'd never leave it. There should be more Superman stories in Florence!

Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 07:21:25 PM »

There should be more Superman stories in Florence!

And i agree with you Cheesy !
Superman is often see in action in city like Paris or London but never in Florence,maybe the skyline is too diffucult to draw for an artist?

S!  S!  S!

King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2006, 07:55:56 AM »

I have no use or respect for the "deadbeat dad" claims because (a) this storyline was done with Son of Superman, so it's not like the comics haven't done it before, and (b) Jason already has a father -- Richard. What's Superman supposed to do, kick the only dad the kid's known aside? Yeah, he should be involved in the kid's upbringing now that he knows, but he can't shove Richard aside. That would be far more out of character than what happens in the movie.

Not that it matters. The film was declared a failure from the moment of Routh's casting, and the unceasing bile directed at the movie all thru production made it totally impossible for me to judge the film on its own merits. I couldn't even begin to enjoy anything about because the Superman fandom pretty much was out for its blood before it even started shooting. Its actual failure (partly because of the fandom, partly because of Pirates II) was just the final insult to injury. So for me, this movie marked the death of the Superman I knew and loved, because the fandom wanted a Smallville movie instead and flat-out refused to give Routh a chance. Well, if a morally bankrupt, vindictive sleaze is what they want Superman to be, who am I to argue? Give 'em what they want, I say. (I will admit, though, to being delighted that Daniel Craig's critics got served hard when the new James Bond movie became such a hit. It's nice to know that sometimes the fanboys get the black eyes they deserve.)

Once I get the Alyn serials on DVD, that'll be the end for me. I'm officially done with Superman as far as Hollywood is concerned. From now on, it's only the comics for me as long as the quality stays high. And I sincerely hope that Routh puts this mess behind him and finds a more rewarding gig.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L