superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBBY REEDS REVIEW AT DIAL B  (Read 16028 times)
lonewolf23k
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 08:25:25 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Or should I say EVIL Robby Reed (the same guy who savaged Infinity Crap so brilliantly)

http://dialbforblog.com/

For my money, nuff said!

Anyone know where the guy lives?

*hefts a heavy socket wrench*

I want to have a word with him.
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 01:37:39 AM »

Really though how seriously can you take a guy who does all his negative reviews of anything as "Evil Bobby Reed". Does not that imply that he is actually wrong....
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 02:39:19 AM »

Well, I believe in free speech...even EVIL free speech. And I stand by all of his reviews of Infinite Crisis, and some of his criticisms of the movie. But from a Superman fan standpoint, has there been anything better in the last 25 years?

Lois and Clark sure wasn't. Smallville has failed. The 3-part Animated Series arcs were pretty good, but in order for Superman comics to be good he had to be called "Supreme."

And when was the last time I saw Lex Luthor portrayed as a smart person on film? Hmm...well, I was watching some Kirk Alyn serials a couple of weeks ago, but aside from that it was SUPERFRIENDS: REST IN PEACE

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 03:13:03 AM »

Still, I found myself in agreement with a lot of what he said and had raised some of the same issues in my fisrt review here. :evil:
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 03:14:41 AM »

Well, there hasn't been much movie action in 25 years...

Its interesting, I think Klar might have a more negative reaction than his review here, and I'd like to hear Rao's complete take...and for me, I think that the footage of Superman feats made me forget the story and execution faults, but not to the point where I would dispute that this might be a failed movie...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 04:30:14 AM »

Maybe I didn't have such great expectations of the film in the first place, so it exceeded my expectations a little. Most critics seem to be giving the film a 4/5, and I generally agree with that. I was excited to see a Superman film, and I loved Kevin Spacey's performance, but I wasn't completely blown away by the movie. I have a feeling that I would enjoy the adaptation more.

The primary reason that I have been excited about the movie has never been the movie itself (that still probably holds true) but all of the DVD releases that are coming about because of it:

1) "Look, up in the Sky..." A documentary on Superman? A mostly accurate one? Prominently featuring Elliot S! Maggin? (on a panel including Gene Simmons, but still)

2) Max Fleischer cartoons...finally cleaned up and remastered with extras.

3) Kirk Alyn serials on DVD

4) The Adventures of Superboy. The only reason this TV Show escaped copyright hell was because of this movie.

5) And the Holy Grail... Superman II: The Donner Cut. The only pieces of Donner footage used in Superman II were mostly Luthor scenes that Gene Hackman couldn't reshoot. This release, on the other hand, is going to be over 75% Donner footage, an entire Christopher Reeve Superman movie that we've never seen!

Plus, that Ben Affleck thing.  We'll see how that pans out.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2006, 04:43:49 AM »

Well, I always like to remember a bit of math in times like this:

1. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

2. Anyone with a modem and a few bucks a month can run a website.

Therefore...(or is it "however"?)

3. Simply having an opinion "published" on a website doesn't make it any more important, insightful or "correct" than any other opinion.

Evil Robbie is always good for a laugh, anyway.   But I could do without the language.

This looks like a job for...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 04:57:11 AM »

Well, the language certainly adds nothing IMO...

BUT, I have to ask, what does this movie add, and you have to say add, because it's billed as a new chapter after Superman II?  Its funny that I do agree that Supes II made some major mistakes (the zoners were fine, but Superman renouncing his power and getting it back are not) that can't be overcome by a sequel...especially by new characters and a story line built by a Superman/Lois child.

I maybe just disagree with the "mistakes" assumption of Supes I, the iconic to the comedic (I figure those are part and parcel of the most mighty of beings going to interact with the world), to the serious at the end worked as a single package for me...

And me was an 18 year old coming out of the theater in 1978...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L