superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:04:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: “DC Nation” panel @ Charlotte Heroes Con  (Read 4703 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: July 02, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

Some key points:

Rucka pointed out that Kyle Baker’s Plastic Man series wasn’t cancelled because it was bad – it was cancelled because no one was buying it, even though it’s a fun book.

Asked how Superman Confidential and Batman Confidential fit into the larger DCU and continuity, Didio said that the titles were conceived because, looking back on the two characters’ respective histories, it’s hard to pinpoint that many specific, key events in their development as heroes. With these stories, readers will be able to see and collect key moments that are important in the characters’ lives and that matter in the larger scheme of the DCU.

In talking about Superman Returns, Didio said that he enjoyed it, and compared it to the first X-Men film, in that it was a good movie, and you can see the potential in the characters for further exploration. Asked if DC approved the major plot revelation in regards to Superman and Lois Lane, Didio said that Levitz was involved behind the scenes, and DC, not so much didn’t approve it as they did not veto it.

Jeff Smith was in the DC offices this week, Didio said, and has tow and a half issues of his Captain Marvel miniseries done, so DC is looking at a November or December release.

read the full report here http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75593

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 08:45:29 PM »

One more little thing:

Will General Zod be showing up again? “Which one?” Didio asked. “If you mean a General Zod with as a single, clear concept, kind of like the movie version of General Zod, then the answer is yes.”

Link
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 08:49:18 AM »

Hopefully the many Zods on "Old Earth" have been retconned away. I also have a feeling that the pocket universe saga is gone as well.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 03:32:18 PM »

Quote from: "NotSuper"
Hopefully the many Zods on "Old Earth" have been retconned away. I also have a feeling that the pocket universe saga is gone as well.

Most likely.  I suspect the "Dru Zod" that Superman referred to in Up, Up, and Away will be a combination of the pre-crisis Zod with a number of Superman II and Birthright elements mixed in.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 04:30:19 PM »

I miss the good old days when my main man Jax-Ur was top dog. :wink:
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 04:39:38 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
I miss the good old days when my main man Jax-Ur was top dog. :wink:

Unfortunately he wasn't played by Terrence Stamp in a major motion picture, so he lost the first place slot.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 02:08:22 AM »

At least he got to be in the cartoon:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L