superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SR BOX OFFICE  (Read 20143 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 08:38:33 PM »

Hey as much as I was displeased by this, Im hoping the inevitable sequel will be better devoid of pre-production baggage and warmed over 'homage'.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 08:39:27 PM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
and let's face it, DVD sales are going to be big bread and butter money too...

Absolutely, and not just sales of Superman Returns.  The movie will also help DVD sales of the Christopher Reeve movies, the Adventures of Superman, the cartoons, etc.  So it'll all add up to some very big Super bucks for WB.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 08:53:12 PM »

I still consider your points very valid.

Well - again I really think we are in a whole different type of market anymore.  Sure, lots of guys can gripe and complain that the movie didn't do "Lord of the Rings", "Star Wars" or even Spiderman type numbers.  I see a lot of disappointment in the percieved convoluted messages of the film - which is not hard for me to see.

I'm afraid that the real movie that could have been (for me) is still laying on the cutting room floor.  From what little bits and pieces I can see, so much of the plots of the movie were further developed and more complete.  Of course the running time would have pushed over 3 hours if they remained.

Ultimately, I sincerely doubt we are in any actual danger of not getting a sequel.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 11:21:31 PM »

Now that the World Cup is over, a lot more people will finally get around to watching Superman.

latest numbers:
Domestic:      $144,297,955        80.1%
+ Foreign:     $35,800,000       19.9%
= Worldwide:     $180,097,955

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Dial H For Hero
Supermen of America

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 07:09:15 PM »

I hope we get a sequel, but please no more homages to Donner and Reeve. I loved the first two Superman movies, but we need something new for this series, something closer in spirit to the comics, or even to the recent animated adventures. That may require a different director, but I would hope that Singer knows more about Superman lore than just what he gleaned from Superman I & II and can do something with Brainiac, Darkseid, or some other villain besides Luthor.
BMK!
Superman Family

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 05:30:46 AM »

Domestic Gross for Superman Returns is now up to $163,648,000.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »

Latest as of Friday...

Domestic:      $172,872,000        69.2%
+ Foreign:     $77,000,000       30.8%
= Worldwide:     $249,872,000

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Ethan
Superman's Pal

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 01:59:40 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Latest as of Friday...

Domestic:      $172,872,000        69.2%
+ Foreign:     $77,000,000       30.8%
= Worldwide:     $249,872,000

YES!

bring on 'The Next Superman' and the new 'Supergirl'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up