superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SR BOX OFFICE  (Read 19847 times)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

One month later...

Total US Gross..............$180,245,955
Production Budget.........$204,000,000
Worldwide Gross...........$290,245,955

Plus $17 million from FX for Cable TV rights.

This makes the pre-DVD take of Superman Returns $307,245,955 (merchandising not included)

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2006/SPRMN.php

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 05:38:32 PM »

Amazing, even after all the restarts and all the millions spent on nothing, it still managed to make lots of money. That's the power of Superman.

That said, it wasn't an Ultra mega hit, and it couldn't be due to the huge pre-post cost.

Now Pirates is a true Ultra Mega Hit:

Domestic:      $330,424,411        60.7%
+ Foreign:     $214,097,000       39.3%
= Worldwide:     $544,521,411    

Crazy.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DinoMike
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 05:37:35 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Amazing, even after all the restarts and all the millions spent on nothing, it still managed to make lots of money. That's the power of Superman.

That said, it wasn't an Ultra mega hit, and it couldn't be due to the huge pre-post cost.

I hope this prompts Warner & DC to do a full-on restart of the franchise. New storyline, disregarding "Superman Returns", a complete recasting & a new director. I enjoyed Superman 1 & 2, but feel they should NOT have been used as a springboard for this film. I didn't really want to see a rehash of most of the plot of Superman 1, with added unneeded baggage like "Superman's illegitimate son". Leave the Donner films ALONE, people...

OK, let me rethink that "complete recasting" bit... I think Spacey could have done a MUCH better Luthor if he hadn't been tied into the plot points of the Hackman Luthor. That said, I think Luthor needs to be left out of the next 2 Superman flicks... he's been overused. Luthor needs to be in every Superman film just as much as the Joker should be in every Batman film.

Brandon Routh, on the other hand.... I never once saw him as "Superman" or "Clark Kent" in the film... he always came off as "Christopher Reeve Impersonator." Lose him.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 02:09:56 AM »

Quote from: "Gangbuster Thorul"
One month later...

Total US Gross..............$180,245,955
Production Budget.........$204,000,000
Worldwide Gross...........$290,245,955

Plus $17 million from FX for Cable TV rights.

This makes the pre-DVD take of Superman Returns $307,245,955 (merchandising not included)

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2006/SPRMN.php

Two weeks later, the worldwide gross is $339,094,159 (+ 17 million from FX = $356 million), and it hasn't opened in Germany or Japan yet.
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 11:46:21 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Now Pirates is a true Ultra Mega Hit

One has to admit that Johnny Depp is box-office gold. And the Pirates movies are just great fun.

I've been re-reading Superman: Last Son of Krypton (for the umpteenth time). As I was reading the part where Old-Timer meets Towbee, I began to imagine Johnny Depp doing an over-the-top portrayal of the space minstrel. Such casting could result in a Super Ultra Mega Hit. Ah, but I suppose that's just a pipe dream. But it would be great to see Maggin's novel updated and translated to the silver screen.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2006, 01:39:57 AM »

Current worldwide gross:  $368,476,617
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 02:33:09 AM »

Random ugly thought:  Joel Schumacher probably made more off Superman Returns than Siegel and Shuster made off of Superman.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2006, 02:29:29 AM »

Between worldwide revenues and the FX deal, Superman Returns has cracked $400 million.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L