superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonStrange Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:40:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History of the DC Universe = significant backup  (Read 9838 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 03:08:30 AM »

Dan Didio's a civilina from the corporate world who understands nothing about comics and he's slowly ridding DC of long time staffers
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 08:39:33 AM »

I don't care for continuity anymore.
Marvel and DC made their continuities so complicated and "wrong" that I cannot waste my time trying to fix it all in my mind.

There is Superman? Does he enter in janitor rooms opening his shirt? Does he fight for truth, justice and the American Way? Does he is from Smallville and now lives in Metropolis?
It's a Superman comic book. Luckily, all the old stories I have read are still in my library... so, DC can delete them from continuity, but not from my mind.

By the way, how did they deleted Matrix from the continuity? INFINITE CRISIS strikes again?

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 03:52:58 AM »

Is post-infinite crisis DCU just another definition of hypertime?

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 03:57:19 AM »

According to most, supposedly not, though I figure time (not hypertime) will tell...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 04:11:27 AM »

The official word from DC is that Hypertime never existed.

I really couldn't care less what this means to the whole DC universe to be honest.

The only thing that matters to me is Superman!

All-Star Superman is great and Kurt Busiek has done something that hasn't been done since Alan Moore wrote that final tale, and that is make a regular Superman title readable!

Ok, I am also a huge Captain Marvel fan, but the new plans for him sound terrible, yet another bad Captain Marvel revamp to add to the pile.

But at least there will be another Archive, and hopefully, just maybe DC will do the right thing and release a series of Shazam! Showcase books.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 05:17:36 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
The official word from DC is that Hypertime never existed.

I really couldn't care less what this means to the whole DC universe to be honest.

The only thing that matters to me is Superman!

All-Star Superman is great and Kurt Busiek has done something that hasn't been done since Alan Moore wrote that final tale, and that is make a regular Superman title readable!

Ok, I am also a huge Captain Marvel fan, but the new plans for him sound terrible, yet another bad Captain Marvel revamp to add to the pile.

But at least there will be another Archive, and hopefully, just maybe DC will do the right thing and release a series of Shazam! Showcase books.

There's supposed to be a Showcase edition of the 70's "Shazam" run released this December or so, IIRC.

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 04:38:24 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"

A lot of them have been readable, at least if you understood English.  

But were they more than readable -- were they understandable, enjoyable, etc.?  Naahh...  not "regular" Superman...  not in a long time.  

Things seem to be getting fixed, which is promising.  But, it'll take awhile for me to really warm up, especially with Didio at the helm.  I just browsed through the "Ruin" TPB at the store.  That storyline was dreck interspersed with crossover hell.  I'm still too fresh from Indefinite Crisis and polluting the Superman mythos with "evil Superboy-Prime" and "pointless death of Earth-2 Superman".
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 11:50:22 PM »

Quote from: "Johnny Nevada"

There's supposed to be a Showcase edition of the 70's "Shazam" run released this December or so, IIRC.

** Gasp!  Sputter!  **

What about Monster Society of Evil!?!?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L