superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:02:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She's amazing! Spider-Girl saved again.  (Read 8536 times)
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 09:54:33 PM »

Spider Girl it's truly funny and got always some interesting plot,but i think that the series suffer for the fact that she is the only interesting hero on his universe.  S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 10:00:27 PM »

Quote from: "Genis Vell"
That THOR run was a good tribute to the classic thunder god. I have some issues and I loved them! Eric Masterson was one of the best characters created at Marvel in the last 20 years.
:shock: :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  
Before i start to write what i want to write i apologize because it seems that sometime when i do a post i deeply disagree with someone else and this would be one of that moment,sorry Genis it's nothing personal! but the pair DeFalco and Frenz ruined the wonderful job made it by Simonson(Walt if you will read this,congratulations after all this years your work is amazing :hail: ).When they take over at the end of his run,their first move was to erase all the good things created by their predecessor and putting back the character version a là Kirby and Lee,(sometimes making the thing in the way they must do it,it's not enough,i think that if All Star"the Silver Age Superman"was made it by someone different from Morrison it would be not so good)i have nothing against them,but when a series has made a good step forward is suicidal making two steps back,the DeFalco and Frenz run sunken the title,at the beginning remaking in a decent way old stories,but the worst happens when they tried to create something new!
At the end of the run we got too many Thor,bidimensional interpretation of every character of the series,and the cover with the Masterson/Thor holding a gun and the Title "No more Mr.Nice God",and that just for reporting some!Please forgive me again Genis,i respect your opinion(and i hope you will respect mine) but i can share it.
 S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 10:44:40 AM »

To be fair, Walt Simonson is a tough act to follow.  20+ years after the fact,  no Thor creator's come within striking distance of Simonson's run.  DeFalco's niche is creating stuff that evokes Stan Lee, and Spider-Girl is a perfect place for him to do that.  It's miles ahead of the current run of Spider-Man, where you have a "superstar" writer giving Spidey the screw-job 50 different ways.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 04:09:23 PM »

Don't worry, Sword!
That's your opinion, and it doesn't offend me.
I usually post in 2 American forums (this and the John Byrne Forum) and I see how you American users are always polite and nice. So, no problems with your post, for me!

Oh, yesterday I bought some other issue of that run, I'll read them soon. Someday, I'll complete the run.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 07:54:39 PM »

Quote from: "Genis Vell"
Don't worry, Sword!
That's your opinion, and it doesn't offend me.
I usually post in 2 American forums (this and the John Byrne Forum) and I see how you American users are always polite and nice. So, no problems with your post, for me!

Per amore della verità forse non lo avevi capito ma sono italiano anche io!
(translated for the others:by the way ,maybe you have not noticed this but i'm from Italy too!)                                                                                                               S!  S!  S!

Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 07:01:18 AM »

Quote from: "Sword of Superman"

Per amore della verità forse non lo avevi capito ma sono italiano anche io!
                                                                                                               S!  S!  S!

Infatti non l'avevo proprio notato!

[translated for the others: Indeed I really didn't notice it!]

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 04:20:05 PM »

Now that's funny  Cheesy

On the internet we all all the same, just words on the screen.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 07:17:02 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Now that's funny  Cheesy

On the internet we all all the same, just words on the screen.

Yeah,and the good comics have just no borders...:wink:

S!  S!  S!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L