superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:43:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Current Status" page  (Read 3508 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: July 14, 2006, 05:21:16 AM »

We recently added a credits and current status page to the k-metal reconstruction project.

It serves two purposes - for each page, it gives a breakdown of who did what and, where appropriate, what our source for the original art was; plus it also gives a snapshot into the current status of the reconstruction efforts.  This information will continually be updated.

For the original 1940 artwork, we currently list "Shuster Studio" for many of the contributions - layout, pencils, and original inks - but we hope to have a more accurate breakdown of the individual artists in the near future.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 05:26:39 AM »

I was looking at the "original artwork" wanted page...

What are the chances that unknown pages might show up?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 05:49:47 AM »

We've received a few previously unknown pages since we started.  If things continue at the same rate, there's a very good chance that more pages will turn up.

Peter Jones sent in page 20 back when we were still attempting to assemble the story only from the original art.

A very fuzzy page 7 was published in Alter Ego - reproduced from an illegible photo, the only copy of the page known to be in existence.  But after we started the reconstruction project, we received two exclusives from Thomas Andrae - a very clear and legible photocopy of page 7, and of the never-before-seen page 12.

There are a lot of people very curious to see the original page 26.  Although the mysterious metal from Krypton is called "K-Metal" in the last page of the script (the only place in the story that it's ever actually named), there is some speculation that it could have been changed in post-production to "Kryptonite."

But I don't buy that - everything we've found to date is word-for-word what's in the script - grammatical errors and all.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L