superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L&C Seasons  (Read 10180 times)
KavMan
Supermen of America

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 08:37:16 PM »

You really have it in for the frog-eating clone don't cha?

I can tell, you ain't the biggest fan of that storyline! haha

[cK]

Swell
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 11:30:11 PM »

FWIW, the frog-eating clone was only in Season 3.

Season 4 has lowlights like:

- Myrtle Beech, the Wedding Destroyer
- Lex Luthor Jr., Phantom of the Opera reject
- Fathead Mensa
- New Krypton, the anti-Kandor
- A Deathstroke not named Slade

and of course a few highlights like Tempus just when you think it's totally horrid.
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 12:59:57 PM »

I have to go along with those who think L&C's last two seasons had more than their fair share of dud episodes.

I thought the episode with Shelley Long was particularly woeful.

Overall, give me George Reeves/Phyllis Coates/Noel Neill instead, any day.

In fact, although I have the opportunity to pick up the first two seasons on DVD fairly cheaply, I am still very lukewarm on the idea, as much as I try to convince myself otherwise, being a huge Superman fan.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 04:32:39 PM »

I remember taping all the episodes of seasons 1 and 2 off the air, then as things went on I taped the show less and less.

Ultimately, I never went back and watched ANY of the taped episodes again, anyway, so I think the DVDs would be a waste of money for me.

I only remember a few highlights from the show; the episode where Lois visits a universe without a Superman and plants the seed in alternate-Clark's mind to maybe be a hero, the "Panic in the Sky" remake and the neat shot at the end of an early episode where we learn Clark once named his boyhood treehouse hangout "The Fortress of Solitude."  On the whole, though, I don't much go in for "relationship" shows...romance is fine, but endless chattering and heart-to-heart discussions about what people feel is like watching grass grow.  That's why I always hoped either Frank or Joyce would get shot before their next hotel rendezvous on "Hill Street Blues."

I remember wishing L&C would focus more on action and super-heroics.  Then when it happened, things actually worse.

Oh and it was fun watching Terri Hatcher pretend to be a Bond girl in a dream sequence, prefiguring her appearance in "Tomorrow Never Dies."

Where she pretended to be a Bond girl again.  :lol:

This looks like a job for...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 07:37:54 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
I remember taping all the episodes of seasons 1 and 2 off the air, then as things went on I taped the show less and less.

Ultimately, I never went back and watched ANY of the taped episodes again, anyway, so I think the DVDs would be a waste of money for me.

I often work best with background noise, which leads to DVD boxed sets on my birthday/Christmas lists.  

I only remember a few highlights from the show; the episode where Lois visits a universe without a Superman and plants the seed in alternate-Clark's mind to maybe be a hero,

This was a Tempus episode in season 3.  Tempus was by far the best original villain in the show.  

the "Panic in the Sky" remake

For a second, I thought you were talking the Superman comic "Panic In The Sky" involving Braniac, and not the Reeves TV show.  

and the neat shot at the end of an early episode where we learn Clark once named his boyhood treehouse hangout "The Fortress of Solitude."  On the whole, though, I don't much go in for "relationship" shows...romance is fine, but endless chattering and heart-to-heart discussions about what people feel is like watching grass grow.  That's why I always hoped either Frank or Joyce would get shot before their next hotel rendezvous on "Hill Street Blues."

I remember wishing L&C would focus more on action and super-heroics.  Then when it happened, things actually worse.

The key was the bad guys and challenges.  When there was an interesting  challenge, the romance fed off that and made for some fine stories.  When there wasn't, it fell apart.  No one wants to see a romance with a perfect couple, and most typical romantic challenges fall flat when Superman is so atypical.  "Just put a lump of coal in my stocking and I'll take care of our Christmas money problems for the foreseeable future.  I'll build that new house for us in 5 seconds flat!"  Bad guys aren't just McGuffins to squeeze in between bedroom scenes.

Oh and it was fun watching Terri Hatcher pretend to be a Bond girl in a dream sequence, prefiguring her appearance in "Tomorrow Never Dies."

Where she pretended to be a Bond girl again.  :lol:

Discounting Moneypenny, the only real Bond girl in that movie was Michelle Yeoh.  But I digress...
KavMan
Supermen of America

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 09:02:17 PM »

Refresh my memory...

Was the first Tempus episode the one where HG Wells comes into the Daily Planet and ended with Lois writing to herself "Clark is Superman"?

And what season was that from? Was it Season 3?

[cK]

Swell
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »

Looks that way...

http://www.tv.com/lois-and-clark-the-new-adventures-of-superman/tempus-anyone/episode/29128/summary.html
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 01:50:46 AM »

2nd season.  Here's the episode:

http://www.tv.com/lois-and-clark-the-new-adventures-of-superman/tempus-fugitive/episode/29110/summary.html

The most memorable part?  "Galactically stupid."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L