superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:41:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth-2's "differences" from Earth-1  (Read 11810 times)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 07:29:59 AM »

Hey guys, looong-time fan of the site... just had to register to join in the forum fun!!!

Unfortunately, E-2's heroes are forever rooted in WWII.  Originally, the editors deemed that time moves slower on Earth 2 than Earth 1, which is why the heroes didn't age much.

As time went on, as mentioned, Roy Thomas retconned that with the Ian Karkull or Per Degaton temporal energy thing.

That is still pretty valid today, I think.  Zero Hour had Extant age the JSA to their true ages (well, that's post-Crisis so strike that)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 11:02:52 AM »

How would that explain Superman and Lois Lane looking so much older in Earth-2, not to mention Robin as an Adult?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 03:31:14 PM »

I'm not sure but I sometimes thought that maybe Superman and definitely Lois weren't present when the All Star Squadron (JSA "plus") got hit with Karkull's "time rays"...
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 09:12:10 PM »

There were so many retcons...

Yeah, the Robin thing was one thing... I feel Superman should NOT have aged like he did in Earth 2, since he was an alien, as well as Wonder Woman (who was a sculpture made of clay given life)

In another thread, I state that I feel that we saw different dimensional planes that represented Earths 1, 2, etc over the years.  That would, in my mind, be logical as in a '60's JLA/JSA crossover where the teams fight Solomon Grundy and Blockbuster, Batman is referred to as an Earth One hero.  Later it was retconned that there was an Earth Two Batman.  That's just one example...

At least the pre-crisis multiverse editors honored the history of their characters, whereas today, post-crisis, they pick and choose what they want.  It was so much simpler back then!
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 01:15:21 AM »

Quote from: "MatterEaterLad"
I'm not sure but I sometimes thought that maybe Superman and definitely Lois weren't present when the All Star Squadron (JSA "plus") got hit with Karkull's "time rays"...

Both Superman and Lois were hit by Ian Karkull's chronal radiation (or "time rays" :-) ); in the story, Lois shows up in her 40's "aggressive reporter" mode, trying to get another scoop on the action the All-Stars (including Superman) were dealing with...

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 02:15:13 AM »

Drat... Cool

I hate the Bronze Age, LOL... :lol:
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L