superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:38:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Filipino superhero action show on YouTube  (Read 2271 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: July 28, 2006, 05:51:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrS9KpdVo8&search=darna

I've got to hand it to the Filipinos, they sure know how to throw in a big painted statue of Jesus in the middle of a superhero fight scene.

Highlights of this episode include cute Wonder Woman-type character, Darna, battling a giant in the middle of what I can only assume is downtown Manilla, who because of a green energy bolt from a baby's forehead, is tranformed into an alien space warrior, who uses death rays to destroy a city. Because this is the Phillippines, after all, people rush to take safety in a big Catholic church.

Oh, and it's got not only giants, but also mermaids with magical powers, too. Suh-weet!

Oh, and here's a brief, two minute cameo of a really, really big star in the Phillippines playing Darna in the recent CAPTAIN BARBELL film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVSy1UC4j_8&search=darna

And since we're on the subject of insanely awesome things from foreign countries, here's the trailer for the greatest movie in the history of the medium, INFRA-MAN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPw3FPWkYGY&search=infra-man

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »

I wonder if Alan Moore knew about Infra-Man when he created a character by the same name in his 1963! series?

I love the fact that the bionic technology used to create Infra-Man is six million... light years ahead of anything else. So not dollars, then.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L