superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which was the "colony" world - Krypton, or Daxam?  (Read 7619 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 11:48:09 PM »

A more civilized planet would have less people, not more.

Wasn't the first Green Lantern Kryptonian?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 11:55:59 PM »

I don't know, depends on the planet's ecology, total size, etc...

I remain unconvinced that Krytpon had to take a back seat to any world in being "advanced", but then I supposed advanced is pretty subjective too... Cool
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 12:55:50 AM »

If Krypton was so advanced, why didn't the rest of the Science Council agree with Jor-El,?  Why didn't Jor-El beam himself and family into the Phantom Zone, then send a Phantom Zone projector to Earth to reassemble them at some far-away place?  Why didn't they know that they were super-powered away from a red sun, or appear to communicate with the other races to help out?  Does Krypton being the most advanced civilization make Superman's story any more complete?  

When the Supergirl movie came out, I thought "hmmm, Krypton being from some other dimension, separated by galaxies and millions of years, could make a lot of sense".  All the Krypton stuff in the immediate vicinity of Earth would be explained by the space warp drive that enabled little Kal-El to make it to Earth, and make it special even to other races that seemed to have equivalent technology in our galaxy.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 01:16:54 AM »

Because its comics?  Because the science fiction is B-movie quality for the most part...I actually liked that its B-movie quality...actually, I don't care that Krypton wins any "most advanced" prize, just that its all pretty subjective.

From the original post, we know that Daxam had cities connected by underground tubes, and I guess a smaller population.

I believe that there are comics that referenced Jor-El telling Lara of what their son's powers will be on earth...as far as the Phantom Zone, well, it belongs to the universe, so any civilization could have discovered or used it, the Kryptonians obviously didn't see how to use it, I suppose -- other civilizations I guess had yet to be advanced enough to even know about it...

I mean really, when you look at how advanced the 30th century planets really are, its mostly very attractive people with women in short skirts, robots that look like people doing people-like things from the 20th century, folks using flying cars to go to "4-D movies", and a bunch of planets that need their overall defense to be the responsibility of a "clubhouse" of teenagers... Cool
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L