superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonStrange Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:23:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Elliot S! Maggin inspire Jurassic Park?  (Read 6902 times)
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 09:41:43 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Quote from: "Aldous"
But then, if I dig around in my comic cupboard, I find a story from before Batman was created, written by Lee Falk and drawn by the wonderful Phil Davis. This comic was published 1990 but the material first appeared in the newspapers in the 30s. Mandrake becomes trapped in a special area of the world where time seems to have stood still, and, you guessed it, he's on the run from dinosaurs. The story is even called "The Lost World."

Sounds like it was inspired by Arthur Conan Doyle's novel called, "The Lost World"  in which Professor Challenger leads an expedition to an inaccessible plateau in South America populated by dinosaurs and other extinct creatures.

S!

Definitely.
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 12:51:32 PM »

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World - the book and the film - were the inspiration behind King Kong.

In any case, the same special effects man, Willis O'Brien, worked on both movies.

Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth is the earliest piece of literature I can think of with a similar sort of theme.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L