superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:13:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solicit/Covers of Nov. Action Comics & Superman Confiden  (Read 3354 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« on: August 20, 2006, 04:05:51 AM »

ACTION COMICS #845
Written by Geoff Johns & Richard Donner
Art and cover by Adam Kubert
The destined-to-be-classic tale of the Last Son of Krypton by Geoff Johns, Richard Donner and Adam Kubert continues! The explosive return of Bizarro threatens the future of Krypton's last son as Clark Kent and Lois Lane make one of the most heartbreaking decision of their lives. Plus, what does Lex Luthor have to do with all of this?
On sale November 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

http://www.newsarama.com/imagepop.htm?imageURL=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Nov06/AC_Cv845_solicit.jpg

SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL #1
Written by Darwyn Cooke
Art and cover by Tim Sale
Don’t miss this first 6-part story arc in a brand-new ongoing Superman series, brought to you by the award-winning writer Darwyn Cooke (DC: The New Frontier) and artist Tim Sale (Superman: For All Seasons, Batman: Dark Victory)! Superman Confidential tells stories from key moments in the history of Superman. First up: the secrets of Kryptonite! Witness Superman's first encounter with the radioactive chunks of his home planet and learn how it changed his life.
On sale November 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US Edited by Mark Chiarello

http://www.newsarama.com/imagepop.htm?imageURL=http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Nov06/SUPC_Cv1_solicit.jpg
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 04:58:30 AM »

brand-new ongoing Superman series, brought to you by the award-winning writer Darwyn Cooke (DC: The New Frontier) and artist Tim Sale (Superman: For All Seasons, Batman: Dark Victory)!

Pretty much impossible to pass this one up eh?

Three great Superman series at once?

All-Star Superman
Superman
and now
Superman Confidential

Grant Morrison, Kurt Busiek and Darwyn Cooke writting Superman!?! At the Same time!!!
Holy Moly!!!

As far as Action Comics goes, well I guess DC felt a need to throw Iron Age hold outs a bone. I will just consider all those issues Imaginary Stories and avoid them like the plague. :twisted:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 01:54:51 PM »

Tm Sales drawing Supes and not Darwyn? Gee whiz... I like Sale but I like Cooke better.  Best of both worlds?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »

DC is trying hard to please two sets of fans. Old school and current.

Darwyn Cooke's art is amazing, but perhaps DC felt it was too retro, so they pair him up with one of the darlings of the modern age.

Kurt Busiek was paired up with a modern style artist.

Both sets of fans like Grant Morrison, so he got to picked his own artist Smiley

They then threw in poor Richard Donner to the ghouls to try to please us, I suppose.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L