superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cover to JLA #1 and line-up revealed! (spoilers)  (Read 10308 times)
BMK!
Superman Family

« on: August 22, 2006, 05:10:24 AM »

http://www.comicboards.com/jla/attachments/060821043826/justiceleagueofamerica1.jpg
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 07:43:27 AM »

Nothing's showing up - or is that just me?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 09:04:44 AM »

I miss the Flash.
Glad to see Hal Jordan, Superman, Batman and Black Canary, though.  Oh, yes, and Red Tornado.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:36:06 AM »

Quote from: "Permanus"
Nothing's showing up - or is that just me?

No, it isn't just you - it doesn't allow remote hotlinking. Though I was able to find it somewhere else. For those that can't see the image, the new JLA roster is:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Black Canary
Red Tornado
Hawkgirl
Vixen
Black Lightning
Arsenal

To be honest, I was hoping for a little more Sattellite-era League, though the presence of the extraordinary Red Tornado and Hawkwoman are very welcome. Red Tornado is a character that during some parts of Gerry Conway got a few interesting stories that didn't go far, involving him acquiring a human identity, and it would be interesting to see these threads picked up at some point.

The Vision is easily one of the most stalwart of all Avengers; however, though he and his DC equivalent Red Tornado were introduced around the same time, Red Tornado never got as much to do as the Vision did.

I am DEEPLY disappointed that Zatanna and Elongated Man have been left off. The team won't be the same without you guys!

I do like very much they aren't just having Ollie and Dinah together; that dynamic is played out. Roy Harper and Black Canary on the other hand, now that's something totally different, a choice of Englehartian proportions!

I also like that John Jones has been left off. Not because I don't like the guy (his sensitive, stick-in-the-mud personality under Busiek's tragically brief run was the best of the character we've seen in a long time) but because I suppose Martian Manhunter has come to be seen as having a slot in any JLA roster in recent times by Divine Right, and really that isn't so.

One concern I have is that with the presence of Vixen, Arsenal and Canary the League is "agile costumed athlete" heavy, which makes the team feel more like the Avengers than JLA.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:44:58 AM »

Black Lightning's in? Hey, good!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 08:49:26 PM »

You can see the cover image at the article itself:

http://www.comicboards.com/jla/view.php?trd=060821043826

Hit 'reload' if it still doesn't come up.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 11:32:31 PM »

the new JLA roster is:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman

No suprise here as these are the big three at DC.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

It does feel good reading that, huh?

Black Canary

More old school goodness.

Red Tornado

I don't know too much about him other than he looks cool.

Hawkgirl

I am pretty sure the cartoon led to this

Vixen

:?:  :?:  :?:  No clue as to who this is

Black Lightning

The same one from Superfriends?!?  Tongue

Arsenal

:?:  :?:  :?: No clue as to who this is

[/quote]

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 01:14:37 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Black Lightning

The same one from Superfriends?!?  Tongue

No, the one from Static Shock.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM