superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:52:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astronomers say Pluto is not a planet  (Read 7091 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 03:22:46 AM »

I believe Starro the Conqueror was based on Pluto in Superman's first adventure with Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew.  Anyway, it is rays from Pluto that devolve the humans on Earth-1 and lead to Superman and Capt teaming up.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 08:02:36 AM »

Concerning obsolete textbooks, I still use"Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary" (copyright 1949), based on "Webster's New International Dictionary" (Second Edition).  It still has an entry on "Piltdown Man".   :wink:

DTO
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 12:33:59 AM »

Quote from: "TELLE"
I believe Starro the Conqueror was based on Pluto in Superman's first adventure with Captain Carrot and the Amazing Zoo Crew.  Anyway, it is rays from Pluto that devolve the humans on Earth-1 and lead to Superman and Capt teaming up.

I recall that story. More specifically, Starro was launching his attack from the Pluto of the Earth-C universe ("Pluto-C", I suppose), with the rays affecting Earths-1 and -C...

Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 04:31:05 AM »

It will be interesting to see how much the public -- and astronomers themselves -- accept Pluto's demotion to "dwarf planet". Maps and globes still show Europe and Asia as separate continents, despite the obvious fact that they are one land mass. Similarly, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan are still recognized as separate lakes, although hydrologically and geologically they are one (see Lake Michigan-Huron at Wikipedia).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L