superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All-Star Supes #5  (Read 21972 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 04:01:31 AM »

That is an awesome cover!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2006, 03:19:43 PM »

I still believe that All Star Superman is the best Superman book being published right now.  I don't know how they are doing to end this storyline, but I hope the characterizations continue somehow after this story is over.

dmat
Supermen of America

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 12:45:15 AM »

I agree with the previous poster.  I picked this series up based on the strong response on the board, and it is awesome!  So far #5 is the favorite of the bunch.  The writing is superb, and Mr. Quitely has a great ability with facial features, which is really important with the character driven stories.  

One blurb stands out for me, when Lex was talking to Clark shortly after the riots: "I've always liked you, Kent. You're a humble, modest, uncoordinated human. You're everything HE'S not."  I couldn't help smiling over that one.

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 02:00:13 PM »

I still haven't received my issue yet. I subscribe to it, which is convenient since I do not live near a comic shop and hate the nearest one anyway. But I guess they give the shops some time first before they mail the subscriptions out.

That said, I have all of the issues so far, and this is the first comic I've ever subscribed to. It's that good.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »

One of the best Luthor stories I have ever read.
Only one small complaint: I never liked the fat Parasite!

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 07:51:27 PM »

The possibilites with Luthor still amaze me,this villain like the Doctor Doom have infinite stories waiting to be tell,Morrison know that and  gave us another one,and a really good one!Now with brilliant dialogue and fast action All Star for me is becoming the beacon that show to the others how Superman must be done.

S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 03:45:04 PM »

I have to say, I do rather miss the "good-guy" Luthor that Maggin wrote so well: you could always identify with him, really. He was basically a good guy who'd gone off the rails a bit.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Solo
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

A.S.S. (uhh, let me try that again) #5 was just great stuff. The only other Superman interpretations I liked as much were Alan Moore and Denny O'Neil's.

And Quitely's is the first real Superman artist to follow Swan & Anderson.

Interestingly, Morrison seems to be thriving on the structure of self contained stories. There is a balance here and control to his work. Quitely has something to do with it, as We3 (which I wasn't excited about, but could respect) also had a well paced feel.

I don't care about puny continuity... this is Superman.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L