superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:39:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If superfolk existed, what real people would be them?  (Read 4088 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: September 03, 2006, 04:58:11 PM »

If superheroes and supervillains existed, which real life people would be them?

GILBERT GODFRIED

Bizarre, grotesque and hilarious Gilbert Godfried, called "the least sexy man alive," has comedy-themed supervillain all over him, the sort of mischevious rogue that would beguile the Flash, screeching horrible puns in his harpy voice while dressed like a Jack-in-the-Box.

TODD MACFARLANE

With his rattlesnake scruples and invulnerable legal defense (consisting of "ha ha, I tricked you") MacFarlane is one of those Frank Miller-style corporate/crime villains, the sort that would be at home corruptly running Sin City. It helps that MacFarlane is also a former hockey player, meaning that like the Kingpin, he's physical enough to take the hero on in a fistfight.

Todd bought Mark MacGuire's ball. Now, in our world, this is innocuous enough a purchase. In a superhero universe, of course, it would be something more sinister, like an attempt to place the Spirit of Baseball into a giant super-robot.

ANGELINA JOLIE

She LOOKS like a superheroine, that's for sure. Plus, she's always going to these out of the way countries to to do charity work for the United Nations, which is pretty Doc Savage-esque. And she's got a third-world baby. Now, if she was a comic book character, she'd be training that third world baby as we speak to be her junior partner.

BILL O'REILLY

I'd love to see him issue an O'Reilly-esque challenge for a superhero battle. "Iron Man, if you don't agree to duel me on top of the Statue of Liberty - you sir, are a coward."

He's got the megalomania down ("I can singlehandedly destroy the economy of France - don't laugh, Canada, you're NEXT!"). You can totally picture Bill giving ransom demands to the President on a giant television screen.

I'd love to see Tom Strong punch him in the face over and over.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
officespace16
Superman Fan

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 05:56:04 PM »

yeah, bill o'reilly and his "no spin zone"

no spin zone my ass, and he needs to stop intereupting his guests, it's just like the view, just w/ testosterone

YAY!!
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:12:57 AM »

Professional wrestlers come to mind.  They have the names, the 'tudes, the builds, the secret identities, the predilection for pajamas, the occasional IQ of a turnip...
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 01:27:06 PM »

ANGELINA JOLIE

She LOOKS like a superheroine, that's for sure. Plus, she's always going to these out of the way countries to to do charity work for the United Nations, which is pretty Doc Savage-esque. And she's got a third-world baby. Now, if she was a comic book character, she'd be training that third world baby as we speak to be her junior partner.

Yeah!

Plus, she has the requisite useless and emasculated boyfriend, in the grand tradition of Steve Trevor.  Brad Pitt is just the type to get kidnapped every month and yell, "Save me, Angelina!"  :lol:

Nancy boy.

This looks like a job for...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 07:21:06 PM »

Lucy Lawless would kick Angelina's ass with nary a thought.

Wilt Chamberlain would be a superhero...  no doubt about it.
Captain Marbles
Superman's Pal

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 07:30:38 PM »

Wilt Chamberlain?

He's known for only two things, basketball and sex.

Not exactly the powers and abilities I'd look for in a world saving crimefighter.

"'Shazoom'?!  Vas ist das 'Shazoom'?!"

Superduperman, from Tales Calculated To Drive You Mad #4
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 04:42:55 AM »

-my fave real world superhero has always been Canadian stuntman The Human Fly --he even had a comic in the 70s

-Richard Branson strikes me as a dilettantish billionaire who would don tights and fight crime if it was trendy

-if some scientist came up with a super-power inducer, the Superman-loving Shaq would be first in line

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L