superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Byrne bashes Steve Irwin  (Read 6722 times)
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 07:47:51 AM »

Yikes. Please tell me those comments about Steve by John Byrne are misquoted or a sick joke.

Steve was my favourite Aussie, and anyone who doesn't yet know how much he did for animals and conservation (and will continue to do through his name) better do some research and educate themselves.

I don't really have anything against PETA but they should be aware that a true blue, dinky-di Aussie like Steve did more to attract people to the cause than any "extremist" ever did. (Yes, I am well aware Steve was extreme in his own way.) What did Steve successfully communicate to those endless crowds of captivated youngsters (and their parents)? Above all, a love of the animals and their natural environments.

The world has lost a great Aussie, and I just don't see the point of all these people coming out of the woodwork bashing his name and reputation.

On an infinitely lighter note, J. Byrne thinks the K-Metal script is a hoax? What is his opinion based on?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 09:25:51 PM »

Lighter?  Perhaps.  His opinion is based on ignorance and a habit of criticism without knowing the facts.

In a series of posts on his forum from early last August, he noted that "no 1940s story would be 26 pages long," he thinks the artwork is "insultingly bad," and he doesn't "buy" Roy Thomas' detective skills.  Whenever anyone else posted something good about the story or tried to defend it, he would shoot them down.  He also accused us of fraud.

We've all dedicated a lot of time, hard work, and love to this project and I am extremely pleased with what we've done so far.  I was very insulted by his statements.

But I figure if Byrne doesn't like what we're doing; then it must be pretty good!  Wink
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 02:56:06 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 10:39:06 PM »

Respect:an unknow concept for Byrne...His words do not deserve comment....

S!  S!  S!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L