superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test  (Read 15176 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2003, 05:09:07 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
BTW, if anyone is unsulted by "Superman Fan in training," let me know and I'll change it to something else...

Actually, I came up with something else on my own :-)

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2003, 08:24:46 PM »

I wouldn't say I'm *insulted* exactly by "Superman Fan in Training," but it wouldn't be my first choice.  I thought maybe we'd go "up in the ratings" as the number of our posts increased.  I see I'm already "Jimmy Olsen Fan Club."   Cheesy  

If we are allowed to pick our own honorifics, I'd like to have "Defender of Kandor." Kind of goes with my user name.  :idea:

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2003, 10:22:22 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
I thought maybe we'd go "up in the ratings" as the number of our posts increased.

That's exactly the way it works.  I changed "Superman Fan in training" to "Jimmy Olsen Fan Club" - I thought it was a bit more appropriate.  That's what I was referring to when I wrote that "I came up with something else."

If we are allowed to pick our own honorifics, I'd like to have "Defender of Kandor."

I'd prefer to keep the automated ranking system.  I think it's a lot of fun on other boards that I've seen, and if everyone could just pick their own rank, it would take away the whole purpose.

But a pretty good case could be made for giving you special status.  After all, you've been with Superman Through the Ages! almost since the beginning and have helped out a lot with it.  You've also contributed a fantastic Superman website and countless excellent posts  to the old forum and to the kal-l mailing list since its inception, lo those many ages ago.

So - congratulations and I trust that you'll continue in your duties as defender! :-)

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2003, 01:12:28 PM »

You say the sweetest things.  Cheesy

Thanks for the special recognition, and yes I promise to keep the bottle safe from ne'er-do-wells.  Plus I have another contribution for the site that I'll mail you off-line (that way, if you don't like it, I won't be embarassed!)

I don't know what your rating system is going to look like, but here's some fun ideas beyond "Jimmy Olsen Fan Club":

- Daily Planet Staffer
- Legion of Substitute Heroes
- Superman Emergency Squad
- Kryptonian Science Council
- Supermen of America
- Justice Leaguer

This looks like a job for...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2003, 03:13:01 PM »

What nightwing didn't want to mention is that he sent me some more Avatars!  These look great and I've installed them as well.  Anyone can see them  by going to their Profile page and pressing the "Show Gallery" button in the Avatar section at the bottom.

There's also a drop-down menu to see the different installed packages.

Thanks!

sabun
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2003, 04:09:11 PM »

how can i delete messages?

like this  :evil:
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2003, 06:37:19 AM »

It used to be that you could delete your own posts, but I disabled the feature because people were complaining that their posts were being deleted.  I don't know if they were being deleted due to user error (ie, accidently hitting the 'delete' button) or due to a glitch in the forum, but either way, it hasn't happened since.

Right now the only way to delete a message is to either ask me or to ask Super Monkey (the moderator) to delete it for you.

S!

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 12:16:44 PM »

Hi, this is just a test of my own avatar.
This is a great forum!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L