superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:36:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are all the merchandise that has featured Superman?  (Read 5860 times)
Kronicpimp
Superman Fan

« on: September 17, 2006, 07:09:21 PM »

Could someone/some people list every licensed product featuring Supes'/Clark's likeness, logo, name, etc. ever made/that has ever existed? Things like t-shirts, mugs, games, books, pants, pens, daipers, toilet paper, etc?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 08:01:11 PM »

no.

There have been 100,000's of items since the 1930's until today.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kronicpimp
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 11:36:42 AM »

It might help if people can start posting the more rarer ones from their memory/off the top of their head.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 12:57:34 PM »

You'll find a lot of things listed in the Hall of Trophies forum.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 02:07:19 PM »

Wait, there's merchandise featuring Superman's image?  :shock:

Seriously, the only book I know that even came close to cataloguing a large number of Superman tie-ins was the extraordinary "Adventures in Superman Collecting" from 1988 (by Harry Matetsky and Danny Fuchs).

The book itself will now set you back at least $250, if you can find it.

It might be easier to list the merchandise Superman's image or logo has NOT appeared on.  I'm guessing...

- Matzah Balls
- Tampons
- Distemper Pills
- Monkey Chow
- Septic Pumps

...and I'm not even sure about all of those.

This looks like a job for...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"

Seriously, the only book I know that even came close to cataloguing a large number of Superman tie-ins was the extraordinary "Adventures in Superman Collecting" from 1988 (by Harry Matetsky and Danny Fuchs).

The book itself will now set you back at least $250, if you can find it.

You know that luck with collecting super-stuff that I sometimes have? After you mentioned the book, I just bought No. 64 (of only 2500 printed)... for 23 bucks! Here's how it happened:

If you've ever sold anything on Amazon.com, you get to see what the lowest price is, so that you can match or beat it. Well, some guy saw the "adventures of superman collecting" listing and mistakenly thought it was the place to sell 1988 Adventures of Superman comics. He listed three of them (they are worthless) for $24.99 each.

Apparently, when the next person who had a copy of the actual book came by, he saw that the low price was $24.99, and listed his for $23! The only two other copies of the book actually on Amazon are $150 and $350, respectively, and those aren't in very good shape.

Oh yes I'm feeling lucky today...

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:34:53 PM »

Basically for any form of merchandise in existense, there has likely been a Superman version.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 10:48:08 PM »

Quote from: "Avilos"
Basically for any form of merchandise in existense, there has likely been a Superman version.

Yes, it's like asking how many grains of sand there are in the world?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L