superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:29:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adventures of Superman Collecting...the deal of the year!  (Read 4188 times)
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« on: September 19, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »

I'm still really excited about what happened yesterday afternoon. As I posted on the Superman forum when it happened, I got a copy of Adventures of Superman Collecting by Harry Matetsky...for 23 dollars!!!

Here is a picture of the only copy currently listed on eBay:

There were only 2500 of these books made in 1988. Number 2118 of 2500 is the one listed on eBay, for $235, plus 10 pounds shipping from the UK.

Mine, for which I paid the sum of 23 American dollars, is No. 64!

How did I manage this? There are currently two copies listed on Amazon.com. The first was listed for $350, and the second for $150 because it was missing a dustjacket and slipcase. Since the title of the listing had "Adventures of Superman" in it, another seller came along and tried to sell several copies of (worthless) "Adventures of Superman" comics under the same listing, for $24.99 each.

When a bookseller from New York came along with another copy of Adventures of Superman Collecting, the store saw that the low price was $24.99, and listed their copy for $23, with apparently nothing wrong with it except that it was an "older book." :shock:

I can still hardly believe it, but then again, I won't until I have it in my hands.

Smiley

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 07:22:23 PM »

Congrats on a great deal and find!

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »

Yes, congratulations.  On finding a book in one day that I've looked for for 15 years.  And paying a tenth of what it's worth.  All because I mentioned it in another thread and alerted you to its existence.

AAAAAARRRRRGHH!  :evil:

That thumping sound you hear is me kicking myself.  And when I'm done, you're next!  :lol:

This looks like a job for...
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:18:23 PM »

Hey, Gangbuster:

It's been a while now.  How did the transaction turn out?  Was it the book you expected and if so, how about a review?

This looks like a job for...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 08:23:39 PM »

I got it in the mail last Friday. I don't have a scanner right now, but I'll post the contents later...

-"Superman", 1960

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 08:24:36 PM »

I got it in the mail last Friday. I don't have a scanner right now, but I'll post a review later... I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet.

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L