superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Millionaires/VIPs?  (Read 6106 times)
pajarator
Superman Fan

« on: October 12, 2006, 04:20:19 AM »

Another common theme I see throughout, is the involvement of Millionaires/Actores/Politicians/Famous people, but there is no category for them.

At least the one for millionaires would be a good way to group them... Would this be a good idea?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 04:22:51 AM »

how many millionaires are there?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 10:08:05 PM »

How about "Rich and Famous"

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:58:17 PM »

Other than politicians, I can only think of two right now: Bruce Wayne and Lyla Ler-Rol

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

pajarator
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 12:04:41 AM »

Those you named and also:

Morgan Edge, John Titus, John Nicholas, Thornton Blakely, Morgan Thorgenson, Nancy Thorgenson, Peter Demeos,  Lucius D. Tommytown, Sad Sam Smith and I'm sure they're lot more...

Also politicians and other VIPS routinely crop up.. I vote they should be tagged...
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 06:44:39 PM »

Actually, it is an election year. A 'politicians' category wouldn't be so bad, either.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 08:34:04 PM »

Categories should be reserved for extremely important things that relate to Superman, these are things which could fill up a whole book. Categories must also be logical in how they are named.

Famous is no good, since every hero is famous and so is Lois Lane, none, other than Batman and the like, are rich. Heck Jimmy Olsen has a fan club, so he's famous too!

So this needs some ironing out before anything is added, or maybe it doesn't need to be added.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 01:04:41 AM »

It's tempting to list millionaires.  The other occupation-related categories (besides Heroes) I can think of are Journalists and Scientists.  Both categories play a major role in the chronicles.  After all, it is a science-fiction strip starring a journalist who is also one of the universe's great scientific minds.  Millionaires are more often plot devices that are not as important to the stories as the criminals who threaten them (when the millionaires aren't criminals themselves) --the exception beign Batman and Morgan Edge.  On the other hand, we have a category basically devoted to rocks (Elements).

I am more hesitant over a Famous category.  Practically everyone in the chronicles is famous (search for famous in Supermanica and you get The Big Game Hunters Club, a jeweler, Sgt Rock, a jewel, etc etc).  All of Superman's friends are either superheroes, leaders in their fields, on tv, etc.  And all of his enemies (those who return for a Round 2 anyway) are in/famous.  Kind of vague, really.  "Celebrities" is a trifle better but not by much.

Combining the two ideas (Rich and Famous) would include everyone in the chronicles with the exception of some petty thieves.  We also have to assume that everyone who knew Superboy in Smallville, all Kryptonians, etc, have been featured on tv and in tons of articles by Lois, Jimmy, etc.  Indeed, Supermanica itself is kind of a Who's Who of Earth-1.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L