superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duplicate posts (unintentional multiple postings)  (Read 12026 times)
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« on: October 12, 2006, 06:45:05 AM »

Rao,

What's up with all these duplicate posts? It has even happened to our moderator on more than one occasion. Seems to be a recent phenomenon. I'm getting nervous every time I'm about to hit the "submit" button...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:52:35 AM »

This should help:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=214939

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 08:00:32 AM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"

Super Monkey, what in tarnation does all that mean??  :gah:
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 05:06:41 PM »

:lol: Wow, a double post...

Anyways, the boards have been a bit wonky lately, but I figure its a glitch that will get fixed.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 10:14:38 PM »

Hey Beppo, thanks for the link.  Looks like a great mod.  In the meantime, I've increased the flood interval from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.  What this means is that if you attempt to re-post an article you've just posted, you'll get an error saying that you "can't make a post so soon after your last one."  IE, the article you had just attempted to post was actually succesfully posted even though it may not have looked like it.

Aldous, I'm not sure why these duplicate posts have been happening.  Most likely a php performance issue.  The web hoster is aware that there is a problem.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

It is still not working, since I am still seeing double posts.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 08:46:50 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
In the meantime, I've increased the flood interval from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.  What this means is that if you attempt to re-post an article you've just posted, you'll get an error saying that you "can't make a post so soon after your last one."  IE, the article you had just attempted to post was actually succesfully posted even though it may not have looked like it. S!

For the record I never click "submit" twice.

This "flood interval" may be helping in my case as I have made two recent posts, using one click of the submit button. A message appears:

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

Then I go back into the thread and my post is there. (Just the one.)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 11:51:35 PM »

It's possible that the database has gotten much too large.

I noticed that we've kept all the posts ever made in this forum, back to February 2003.  I've enabled pruning, so that we now only keep the lastest two years of active threads.

The database is now smaller, we'll have to see if this makes a difference.

I was reluctant to turn on pruning, but I figure it's more important that the forum actually be functional.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L