superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:19:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Forum!  (Read 22471 times)
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« on: October 16, 2006, 06:41:51 AM »

I'm a little disoriented, but that will pass, I'm sure.

Onwards and upwards...

Thanks, Rao.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:00:21 AM »

Yep! Tempora mutantur and all that. I am rather tempted by all these exciting new buttons!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 07:50:09 PM »

Guys i'm truly confused!! Shocked :oBecause the forum show me that every topic have a new post and i can't understand what is new and what is not!!

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 08:03:30 PM »

This is because as far as the new forum is concerned, every post is a new post, since they were all imported from phpBB.  But in truth there haven't been that many new posts since last week.

Your best bet is probably to read through the "unread posts since your last visit" page
http://superman.nu/smf/index.php?action=unread
or the "most recent posts" page
http://superman.nu/smf/index.php?action=recent

and after reading through the top few listed, you'll get down to posts that you've already read.  Then hit the "Mark All Messages" as read button on the main page and logout.

You only have to do that once because of the migration.

The next time you log in, the "new post" indicators should be accurate.

Also note that the most recent posts are always listed at the bottom of the main page, whether you've read them or not.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:11:30 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 08:12:57 PM »

I've just had a couple of glitches...

My mail says I have 6 new messages, they were old but I read them, and they still registered up top...so I deleted them, and the message still show up top...I logged out and cleared cookies and my cache, and the message still show up top...the other problem I've had is I set my e-mail to be private and it still shows up in the profile, logged out, cleared cache etc. and its the same...

Minor things.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »

I think there were some problems importing the personal messages.  The only way I cleared out my new messages was to get rid of them with the "prune" fuction.

I suspect that you can see your own email address in your profile, but that no one else can see it when they view your profile.  At least that's what I hope.  Can you see anyone else's?

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 08:29:03 PM »

Well, mine shows up in the profile but so does anyone else who has show e-mail on, for example,  this list...(even though my check box is marked to hide e-mail, like Julian, I still have a mail marker in the e-mail column, and it seems to be visible in my profile).

http://superman.nu/smf/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 08:36:42 PM »

Oh, BTW, this has got to be one of the more glitch-free migrations to new forum software that I've seen in a while...and I like the tan/brown skin way more than the original blue scheme...so,  thanks.  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L