superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:47:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Forum!  (Read 22472 times)
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 07:28:13 PM »

I think we'll have to wait to see what level of customization is allowable with the software or if its limited to certain "skins"...I'm not a huge fan of the tan and brown, but the initial default version was a lot of dark and light greyish blue that wasn't very Superman-like either...I figure it'll be worked out soon...

I chose a different version of the forum through the profiles menu. There are one or two different versions there (skins?) that you could choose from. The forum I have is blue and white.

But anyway.... Surely the point of the forum is scintillating discussion. Does it matter so much what the forum looks like? It's the words that count.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 08:24:24 PM »

Yes, we do have a few different themes installed and you can pick which one you want to use.  The plan is to install more of them down the line, and have some sort of Superman banner on each of them.  Right now only the current default theme, "DilberMC," shows a forum banner.

As for "the long haired guy," he's been in the latest couple issues of Superman.  I believe Kurt Busiek already talked about the story elsewhere in the forum.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 08:30:07 PM »

Yeah, I played around with the options for myself...I like the Dilber that is now being used as default, but for some reason, the blue instead of the brown makes it harder for me to see the "sheet of paper" icon on the far left that shows a sub-forum has new posts...it was easier for me to see with the brown.
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 12:59:43 AM »

Thanks for the update guys! It looks fantastic.  Cheesy

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 06:16:48 AM »

Great Rao, something missing from the little profiles beside the posts are the dates when each member joined.

I used to enjoy seeing those. Will they return?
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 07:51:58 PM »

They might, I'll have to see how much would be involved in adding that functionality.  You can still see members' registration dates in their profile though.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 07:43:03 AM »

They might, I'll have to see how much would be involved in adding that functionality.  You can still see members' registration dates in their profile though.

Something else is missing too-----the "location" of each member. Some members treat this as a joke, but as far as the rest of us are concerned: I like to see where each poster is from. This is the World Wide Web after all.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2006, 09:52:23 AM »

Something else is missing too-----the "location" of each member. Some members treat this as a joke, but as far as the rest of us are concerned: I like to see where each poster is from. This is the World Wide Web after all.
I quite like that too; as a rule, I've found it quite practical to know where people come from so that you know if there might be a language or culture issue that could lead to misunderstandings. (Though having said that, I always get a kick out of people who put stuff like "bottled city" as their location.)

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L