superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:27:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Linked Events
  • Action Comics Annual #10 out: February 07, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Offical... the Iron Age Superman is DEAD... Long Live the Post-IC Superman!  (Read 18890 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 12:23:39 AM »

Is it? My understanding is according to Dan Didio is that it's still the current Superman origin, post-IC.

It is not. Kurt and Johns don't want to give it all away at once, instead giving it to us in bits, each bit contradicts Birthright.

I am sure that you could make a nice long list if you wanted to.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »

Frankly, I find it hilarious that of all the classic Superman elements that have been reintroduced, all the talent placed on the book and all the reaffirmation of Superman's classic identity, it's a cover with CHECKS ON IT that makes some people realize we're in a new age? Wha - ?

The moment of realization for me was when Superman and Adventures of Superman were merged back into one title.  Given that the Iron Age was launched with the title being split, I think the merger is a good official cut-off point for its end.  The symbolism of "Superman" (both the comic and the character) being messed with, but then repaired, fits well too.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L