superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GETTING AFFAIRS IN ORDER!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who...WHO is Superman's eagle?  (Read 11101 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: October 18, 2006, 06:06:13 AM »

In many famous covers, Superman is shown with an Eagle perched on his arm.

My question is, WHO is this eagle?

Does the eagle have a name?

Does Superman pull one out of mothballs for photo shoots, sort of like politicians with girl scout cookies?

More likely (since this is Superman we're talking about here) the Eagle is no doubt some sort of crime-fighting tool. Maybe it's a robot designed to look like an eagle that he uses with advanced sensors that detect Kryptonite, which is why he doesn't fly in himself. Maybe the eagle isn't an eagle at all, but is a shapeshifting Protean of Antares that Superman keeps in his collection, that assumes the form of an eagle for disguise and photography purposes. Maybe its an eagle that is partially bionic, sort of like in SILVERHAWKS.

Since Superman is more likely to be shown with an eagle in his World War II days, it is likely only Earth-2 Superman has such an eagle.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 08:26:47 AM »

It's a Thanagarian Golden Eagle.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »

Superman and the eagle never met before this picture, actually.  It was all part of a photo-op arranged by DC's lawyers to establish a copyright on the "hero with eagle" pose and cement Superman as THE patriotic hero of the day.

That's right, it's merely a legal eagle.

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:31:19 PM »

He is also available for children's parties and football games.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »

Now that Superman is back to being a meat eater....the Eagle did not last long enough for him to name it. FYI, it tastes like chicken. Wink
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 08:06:23 PM »

I'm going for the simplest explanation,it was "lend" by the Metropolis Zoo for taking picture on the 4th July....(Sorry guys,i know that this type is annoying but i can't resist...  Wink)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 06:53:32 AM by Sword of Superman » Logged

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Avilos
Supermen of America

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 09:43:16 PM »

I'm going for the simplest explanation,it was "lend" by the Metropolis Zoo for taking picture on the 4th July....[/b](Sorry guys,i know that this type is annoying but i can't resist...  Wink)
Cool Marque feature! I have never seen that on a forum before.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:33 PM »

Please don't go crazy with that stuff it's hard to read.

It's meant for stuff like:

NEWS

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L