superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonA Tale of the Golden Age SupermanHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:16:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Calendar  (Read 5968 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: October 20, 2006, 04:51:40 AM »

Just a quick note that I've updated the Forum Calendar
http://superman.nu/smf/index.php?action=calendar
with some of the Superman-related dates from the 1976 DC Calendar.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 05:59:06 AM »

updated it? I never knew it even existed!

Very cool!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 03:04:32 PM »

Same here.  Didnt even know DC had done one in 78.  I did one myself with fake dates and drawings to accompany the text.  Well one month's worth, anyway. Wink

Go RAO GO! S!
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 03:14:49 PM »

LOL, I THINK that by "updating", it means he filled it in since it might be a feature that's new to the new software... Grin

Its very cool...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 08:20:49 PM »

The calendar is pretty cool - not only can I add holidays, etc; but any member of the forum can post important events and then link those events to an appropriate post in the forum - take a look at this month's TCM movie serial showing, which links to the thread that lists the schedule.  I've done the same thing with next January's Action Comics annual #10 on-sale date.

It can be used for any upcoming releases or other events; and if any member of the forum feels that there are important Superman (or forum) related events which should be listed, please feel free to do so.

Also, if anyone enters their birthday in their profile, their birthday then shows up in the calendar as well.

The calendar is easy enough to find - just hit the CALENDAR button which can be found at the top of any page.

Beppo:  congrats on taking off all those bandages!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 02:16:15 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:28:28 AM »

Kamandi's birthday. You even knew Kamandi's birthday. A guy who isn't even born yet.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L