superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Viewmaster - Mighty Mouse & Superman  (Read 7939 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 08:47:13 PM »

That's exactly how I felt about it...one of my brothers got a Viewmaster "projector" for Christmas one year, it projected the images large on a wall, of course not stereo...we never used it, the fun was looking into the viewer.

I know that Edison's first go at motion images was called the Kinetoscope, something people had to look into individually.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 08:53:06 PM »

That's exactly how I felt about it...one of my brothers got a Viewmaster "projector" for Christmas one year, it projected the images large on a wall, of course not stereo...we never used it, the fun was looking into the viewer.

I know that Edison's first go at motion images was called the Kinetoscope, something people had to look into individually.

take a look at these:

http://www.victorian-cinema.net/machines.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 08:59:38 PM »

I LOVE that stuff... Cool

I think I've read that Edison's patent included perforated film for advancing it, and I know his machine was successful enough that his machines were set up and people popped money into them.
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 09:06:41 PM »

What would our world be like if Thomas Edison had never lived?

And what did the gentlemen of the day prefer to watch on their Kinetographs? I don't have to tell you...
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 09:08:45 PM »

I found this link to one of the first pieces of moving pictures (just a couple of seconds) on a King Kong site the other day...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5439252528405852269

The joke there was that Peter Jackson had bought the rights and was proposing a four hour remake of it.... Smiley

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 02:31:34 PM »

I recently acquired the Superman reels on eBay and I'm working on adding scans to my site.  It's slow going, though, as I need a special scanner I don't often have access to, plus the images have taken on a reddish cast over the years so there's some meticulous Photo-shopping involved.  But stay tuned.

As for the Adam West Batman, yes he did get the GAF treatment, and it involved special photography during the filming of the first Catwoman two-parter.  Scott Sebring's got a Flash version up at his wonderful "Batfriend" website.  Here's a direct link (you'll need the Flash viewer):

http://www.batfriend.com/splashes/gaf/viewer.swf

This looks like a job for...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 04:48:19 AM »

DC Direct should issue those golden cats as bookends!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L