superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:59:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Comic Question  (Read 4831 times)
Cooperkill
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: October 26, 2006, 12:41:38 PM »

There's an old issue, probably from the '60s, that my father's been looking for and can't find.  Probably because he doesn't know too much about what he's looking for.  All he knows is that there was an issue of Superman he had growing up where Superman's face changes colors according to what mood he's in. 

That's all the info he can give me.

Any help would be GREAT!  Thanks.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:04:41 PM »

It's Action Comics No. 317, Oct 1964. Oddly enough, this was recently referred to on the website "What Were They Thinking?", in which curious moments from comics are chronicled: http://typolad.livejournal.com/108598.html

I hope your father doesn't have too much trouble finding it!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 06:39:08 PM »

MOOD RING SUPERMAN!!!
Cooperkill
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 11:42:58 PM »

It's Action Comics No. 317, Oct 1964. Oddly enough, this was recently referred to on the website "What Were They Thinking?", in which curious moments from comics are chronicled: http://typolad.livejournal.com/108598.html

I hope your father doesn't have too much trouble finding it!

Off to eBay!  Thanks.  I don't know why I waited so long to find a message board of people who might know.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 12:11:23 AM »

mycomicshop.com has it for $7.00 or $16.00, depending on condition.

link

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Cooperkill
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 02:49:47 AM »

D'oh!  Too late.  I put your site in my favorites, though, so next time my father remembers something from his youth I'll have a website to fall back on.  Thanks anyway, though. 
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 06:15:02 AM »

If old comics have taught me anything, it's to never underestimate the power of nostalgia.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 11:16:05 PM »

MOOD RING SUPERMAN!!!
Blimey! You're quite right. This prompted me to look up mood rings on Wikipedia, which claims that they weren't invented until the late 60s, so this story must prefigure them! Evidently, they must be made out of red kryptonite. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mood_ring

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L